What did you do to/with your Starcraft TODAY?

Non-model specific discussions related to RVing
Marsh

Re: What did you do to/with your Starcraft TODAY?

Post by Marsh » July 7th, 2021, 9:12 am

My air conditioner was not blowing cold air. So I checked the internet and found this article which helped me to fix this problem. Not it was working good.

CDNfyrfytr

Post by CDNfyrfytr » May 25th, 2015, 12:47 pm

jcarlilesiu wrote:
CDNfyrfytr wrote:Took the trailer back to storage today. Might get out 2 weekends from now. Work schedule won't permit any sooner:(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That truck and camper pair up nicely.
Thanks. That was a complete coincidence that they colors on the trailer matched the truck

jcarlilesiu

Post by jcarlilesiu » May 24th, 2015, 5:36 pm

CDNfyrfytr wrote:Took the trailer back to storage today. Might get out 2 weekends from now. Work schedule won't permit any sooner:(

That truck and camper pair up nicely.
2014 Starcraft 16RB - Camper | 2015 GMC Yukon Denali XL

jcarlilesiu

Post by jcarlilesiu » May 24th, 2015, 5:36 pm

Today, I finally got around to installing the (2) 6V batteries I picked up from costco.

Turned into a pretty big project as the battery box I bought wouldn't fit in the existing angle iron brackets on the tongue of the trailer.

Bought a couple of aluminum angles and mounted it all. Of course, I bought the wrong jumper cable needed to put the two batteries in series, so another trip to the auto parts store. Never just one trip. Never.

Anyway, got it all hooked up in short order. The batteries showed full, but as soon as I plugged in the converter/charger, the fan was kicked into high gear. Ran like that for some time. By last night, it had calmed down, and this morning, no fan.

Guess the batteries are now charged.

I think this upgrade will take me from about 75 AH to just over 200 AH. Certainly enough for some extended dry camping with my handheld 1800 watt inverter charger.

moallen

Post by moallen » May 11th, 2015, 10:41 pm

One of the problems my wife has had with most of the campers we've owned (including our new 24rls) is being a bit too short at 5' 2" to reach up and open/close the Ventline roof vents without a stool. I found a "RV Window Crank Handle" at our local Menards store that fits the Ventline vents perfectly, even though it's really for windows. It's a R-7003 made by prime-line-products.com. It extends down 3", which is enough for my wife to easily open/close the vents.
R-7003.JPG
R-7003.JPG (34.21 KiB) Viewed 7336 times
A package with 2 handles cost $3.57. It was in the area where they have window hardware. And speaking of that, I also found a window sash lock and mounted the lock side on the screen door. When the lock is closed, it slides over the door frame. It was made by the same company and is a F-2533.
F-2533.JPG
F-2533.JPG (27.13 KiB) Viewed 7336 times
This isn't the end all solution to keeping someone from breaking in when the main door is open, but at least no one can just open the screen door. It might be more important to keep the screen door from popping open if someone leans or falls against it. Cost $3.28.
2016 Starcraft Launch Ultra Lite 24RLS
2016 Dodge Ram 4x4, 5.7L V8, 8 speed auto, 3.21 axle ratio

CDNfyrfytr

Post by CDNfyrfytr » May 11th, 2015, 4:51 pm

Took the trailer back to storage today. Might get out 2 weekends from now. Work schedule won't permit any sooner:(

CDNfyrfytr

Post by CDNfyrfytr » May 11th, 2015, 4:50 pm

Here it is.... http://www.camco.net/Products/Item?prod ... VDdf1L3bCQ

I got it a Walmart

jcarlilesiu

Post by jcarlilesiu » May 11th, 2015, 12:57 pm

CDNfyrfytr wrote:Added a grab handle to the screen door today. Should have been there from the factory IMHO. Not much else though as it is approaching 90F here. Very unusual for the beginning of May.

Can you post the link to the handle you installed. That looks like it should have been original equipment it matches so well.

Definitely need that.

CDNfyrfytr

Post by CDNfyrfytr » May 10th, 2015, 8:15 pm

Added a grab handle to the screen door today. Should have been there from the factory IMHO. Not much else though as it is approaching 90F here. Very unusual for the beginning of May.

jcarlilesiu

Post by jcarlilesiu » May 10th, 2015, 7:08 pm

CenOhio wrote:
jcarlilesiu wrote:I need to mount another TV in the back bunk but can't figure out how to get the cable back there.

Plus I still haven't figured out if the HD antenna can have two different programs on different TVs at the same time if you use a splitter.
Can't help you with routing the cable... Look for routes under the floor and up through cabinets, dressers, you just have to be creative.

There may be wireless options for you to consider as well... (But a splitter should be ok.) When you are using a antenna the content you watch is determined by the tuner in the television, so you can watch different programs on different TVs.

When you have a dish, or a cable connection that requires a separate receiver to get programming, that is where you need a separate receiver for each TV you want to watch. Splitters might not work with a satellite setup.
Perfect.

Thanks.

I guess my concern was that the antenna couldn't receive two signals at the same time.