Wisconsin Dells Camping

Non-model specific discussions related to RVing
jcarlilesiu

Re: Wisconsin Dells Camping

Post by jcarlilesiu » June 25th, 2015, 4:49 pm

tslarson wrote:Glad you had a good trip. Gotta love the water parks. We are a rustic state park type of camping family. We do the same as you and occasionally go to a private campground to be close to special activities, or be at a pool. I have to adjust myself mentally and change my expectations for the experience. If not, i'll be disappointed. Two totally different kinds of camping.

So did you do the Scorpion at Noah's Ark?
Im not that brave.

I went on the quad something water slide at noahs ark and that was enough excitement for me!
2014 Starcraft 16RB - Camper | 2015 GMC Yukon Denali XL

tslarson

Post by tslarson » June 25th, 2015, 11:01 am

Glad you had a good trip. Gotta love the water parks. We are a rustic state park type of camping family. We do the same as you and occasionally go to a private campground to be close to special activities, or be at a pool. I have to adjust myself mentally and change my expectations for the experience. If not, i'll be disappointed. Two totally different kinds of camping.

So did you do the Scorpion at Noah's Ark?
2015 Travel Star Galaxy 299BHU (Black Pearl Edition)
2009 Ford F150 CC FX4

jcarlilesiu

Post by jcarlilesiu » June 25th, 2015, 2:48 am

Well, the trip was a success.

The Yukon pulled the camper like a dream.

The campsite was actually pretty nice. Right on the strip, nice pool and playground, and we made friends with some other campers. It was a very relaxing weekend.

Full hookups were convenient.

It was our first time glamping, and I am more of an off the grid, dry camping kind of person. But it was fun not worrying about tanks or battery life.

Now, gotta book the next trip!

CenOhio

Post by CenOhio » June 5th, 2015, 3:48 am

I'm guessing that Disneys Fort Wilderness does not exactly count as roughing it! LOL. Spent a week there last year, headed back next week. Easy boat ride to the Magic Kingdom and then on to Epcot via the Monorail.

If you have never been camping, don't go to FW first, it might spoil you.
2014 Autumn Ridge 329BHU.
Places we've camped...

jcarlilesiu

Post by jcarlilesiu » June 5th, 2015, 3:27 am

The nice thing is, a minimum of two nights camping at Bonanza gets you four free tickets to Noahs Arc and the camping was only $138 for two nights.

Thought that was a pretty good deal.

tslarson

Post by tslarson » June 5th, 2015, 1:29 am

We were at Noah's Ark a few years ago. We had a blast!!! I dare you to do the Scorpion. I did it once. We spent two days there, didn't tire of the water park. We stayed at Devils Lake State Park. A bit of a drive in each day, but that was ok. Make sure you take a Ducks tour, much more exciting than you expect. We were at the Wilderness indoor water park back in April. Just not the same as being outside. Be prepared to spend some money, it's kind of like going to Disney. Have fun!
2015 Travel Star Galaxy 299BHU (Black Pearl Edition)
2009 Ford F150 CC FX4

jcarlilesiu

Wisconsin Dells Camping

Post by jcarlilesiu » June 4th, 2015, 2:47 am

We just booked a 2 night camping trip to the Dells. For those of you not in the upper mid-west, the Dells is the water park capital of the world (so they claim).

I was able to find a camp ground right in the middle of the "strip". The site also comes with 4 tickets to a nearby water park.

http://www.bonanzacamping.com/

Not really camping by any means, but we are looking forward to the trip. Anybody ever "glamped" before? (glamorous camping)