State Park Campgrounds

Non-model specific discussions related to RVing
Marsh

Re: State Park Campgrounds

Post by Marsh » July 7th, 2021, 9:28 am

These are some of the best campgrounds and campsites in North Carolina. You can check this guide for more information on these campgrounds.

Vionykak

State Park Campgrounds

Post by Vionykak » February 4th, 2019, 7:05 pm

What funny is I was just at the state park for spring break this year and spent hours sifting through mud and found nothing

Nick123

Post by Nick123 » May 29th, 2018, 7:00 am

Hi!! ;)
My name is Nick.
I think this post will be interesting for you about campers http://whatmycarworth.com/using-kelley- ... f-a-camper

DawnK

Post by DawnK » July 7th, 2017, 5:44 pm

North Carolina is also a lot like Indiana.
Most of the parks have electric and water. Some have primitive loops in addition to the W&E ones. There are some parks with no HU at all, but they usually have a place to fill your water tanks.
Of all the parks in our state system, only 2 have sites with full hookups. We've found all our parks to be well maintained with acceptable bath houses. The sites are gravel with timber outlines, a fire pit, picnic table and lantern hook are the standard.
Stayed at a few SC state parks also and they are to the same standard as NC although they have more parks with Full HU sites.

One thing I dislike about the NC parks is that they lock you inside at night and they won't allow you to park outside the gate and walk in. Frustrating if you want to see a show in a nearby town as you can't make it back to the park before they lock the gates. Every time we camp we get an email survey and I remark about this in hopes they will change the policy.
Where we've stayed in SC they don't lock the gate.

We camp in state parks, COE campgrounds or National forest campgrounds 90% of the time.
-Dawn K
2015 Starcraft Autumn Ridge 245DS
2017 Chevy Express 2500

kuba122

Post by kuba122 » June 23rd, 2017, 1:39 am

Texas is a lot like Indiana. Most of out State Parks have at least Electric and Water, some have full hookups. A few are geared toward Tents only. As far as I know all allow pets.
2014 Starcraft AR-One 15RB
2006 Chevrolet Silverado

moallen

State Park Campgrounds

Post by moallen » June 21st, 2017, 11:58 am

Thought I would see what folks have to say about camping in state parks in their area. I guess we were spoiled by the state park campgrounds in Indiana where we used to live, keeping in mind we have a 30' travel trailer. We were used to electric at sites, water at many sites and even sewer hookups at some. As far as I know, all state campgrounds allowed pets. Sites were large and well maintained.

We moved to New Hampshire last year, which has as many or maybe more state parks than Indiana. Campgrounds are nice and sufficiently maintained. But almost all are geared toward tent and at most popup camping. Very few have electricity on sites. Only a few state campgrounds allow pets.

That leaves commercial campgrounds to campers like us with a trailer and a small dog. Right now we are staying at Fransted Family Campground in the White Mountains. Great campground, one of the best we have ever stayed at anywhere.
2016 Starcraft Launch Ultra Lite 24RLS
2016 Dodge Ram 4x4, 5.7L V8, 8 speed auto, 3.21 axle ratio