Retractable Awning

Non-model specific discussions related to RVing
tcbro

Re: Retractable Awning

Post by tcbro » June 25th, 2019, 2:44 pm

I solved my problem. There really isn't a limit switch that prevents it from running past the fully extended position. For some reason it would not continue yesterday. This morning I found the manual online and went out to extend and then manually retract it. When I extended it it continued past and started to wind up. I guess I have to pay attention when I push the switch. Apparently, I wound it up backwards the last time we were out.
Thanks,
Tom
Tom
2016 AR-One 17TH
2009 GMC Sierra

tcbro

Retractable Awning

Post by tcbro » June 25th, 2019, 1:18 pm

We've had our AR-ONE 17TH for just about a year now and I just noticed an issue with our awning. The awning actually extends when the switched is in the retract position and visa-versa. Also, it winds up with the white underside out. I would think it should wind with the topside out. I'm sure these 2 things are related. There must be a limit switch that shuts the motor down when fully extended as I cannot get it to go past fully extended to start winding up properly. We bought this trailer used (1 year old) and do not have a manual for the awning. Any ideas as to how to fix this issue? It's a DC motor so, maybe a polarity issue?

Thanks,
Tom
Tom
2016 AR-One 17TH
2009 GMC Sierra