Food Storage and lifespan in the trailer

Non-model specific discussions related to RVing
Marsh

Re: Food Storage and lifespan in the trailer

Post by Marsh » February 15th, 2021, 5:12 pm

Keep leftovers for the shortest amount of time possible. Make sure your temperatures are cold enough to protect food. If there is no ice maker, make new cubes at least once each week and store them in zip lock plastic bags. Always make sure to close and lock the doors.

kuba122

Re: Food Storage and lifespan in the trailer

Post by kuba122 » August 19th, 2020, 1:21 am

We keep some stuff in our trailer longer term ... especially canned goods. Our trailer is parked 2 hours from home and we leave quite a bit of food in it when we aren't there, even. Breads and crackers and all of the referigerated goods we move with us. We never had a problem storing food in the trailer when we are out on the road. Never had anything actually go bad.
2014 Starcraft AR-One 15RB
2006 Chevrolet Silverado

Gydd

Food Storage and lifespan in the trailer

Post by Gydd » August 17th, 2020, 5:11 pm

Ok a question to all the trailer gurus on here.

How do you find storing food in the trailers especially over hot days. My wife is concerned about food quaility if it is stored in the trailer on trips. Currently all the food is stored in a tub in the back of the Patrol with the fridge. I feel that all the non perishables should be fine in the trailer in sealed plastic tubs. She is concerned about the eat making things go off but I figure the trailer is white and will be open whenever possible and hopefully parked in the shade anyway.

Oh and awesome forum and some amazing trailer setups. Will post some pics of mine and the upgrades I hope to do soon.