Refrigerator icing up

Non-model specific discussions related to RVing
Cabingal

Re: Refrigerator icing up

Post by Cabingal » October 21st, 2015, 5:51 pm

Thank you- fan us a good idea, as well as keeping those fins open. I may have too much in the fridge, since we are full time for a while!

moallen

Re: Refrigerator icing up

Post by moallen » October 21st, 2015, 3:44 pm

I have a 2016 Launch with a Norcold. Haven't had any problems with icing on the fins or dripping. I do keep a small fan running in the bottom of the refrig pointed upward. That might help with icing. I mainly use the fan to cool the refrig down quicker when I start it up. Once I accidentally pulled the hose off the back of the tray under the fins. Didn't know it had a drain hose. I had to manually empty the tray on all my previous refrig's. Over the years the only time we've had fin icing was opening the door a lot during hot/humid weather. Also we try to keep things away from the fins for air flow.

For what it's worth we try to keep ours around 38 degrees. The control doesn't do a great job maintaining 38. Usually set it on 3 at night and 4-5 during the day.
2016 Starcraft Launch Ultra Lite 24RLS
2016 Dodge Ram 4x4, 5.7L V8, 8 speed auto, 3.21 axle ratio

Cabingal

Refrigerator icing up

Post by Cabingal » October 21st, 2015, 2:42 pm

Has anyone else had trouble with a NorCold fridge icing up and dripping water? We've had an on and off small collection of moisture to the right of the fridge, at the baseboard. After much searching and watching, it happens when the fridge isn't opened a lot and the temp goes down inside. We then notice icing on the metal blades in the back. This is a brand new Launch, but it would be a long drive back to the dealer, plus we are in it full time for a couple months. Any advice or ideas? Thx!