Anderson Levelers anybody?

Non-model specific discussions related to RVing
pawpaw

Re: Anderson Levelers anybody?

Post by pawpaw » May 12th, 2015, 11:27 am

CenOhio wrote:
pawpaw wrote:
CenOhio wrote:Update: I finally was able to get out to the trailer and test fit, sure enough I had to cut off about 3 inches to get it to fit properly between the wheels on my 329BHU. This was about a five minute job with a hacksaw. Next up: The first real life test next weekend on our first outing of the year (finally!)
I've been thinking about getting a pair, and I think I'm going to order them for my 329BHU. I'm surprised that it had to be trimmed, but it doesn't seem to be a major problem.
Pawpaw: Just finished my second outing using them and I'm a fan for sure. I can think of one campground I've visited in the past where this might not give me enough lift all by themselves so I might keep carrying a board or two just in case. But, so far they are awesome and I can recommend them with the one small question about durability I mentioned before. Time will tell.
Thanks for the update!
2015 Autumn Ridge 329BHU
2020 Autumn Ridge Outfitter 182RB
2014 Sierra 6.2L with max tow pkge
Cypress, TX

CenOhio

Post by CenOhio » May 11th, 2015, 11:38 pm

pawpaw wrote:
CenOhio wrote:Update: I finally was able to get out to the trailer and test fit, sure enough I had to cut off about 3 inches to get it to fit properly between the wheels on my 329BHU. This was about a five minute job with a hacksaw. Next up: The first real life test next weekend on our first outing of the year (finally!)
I've been thinking about getting a pair, and I think I'm going to order them for my 329BHU. I'm surprised that it had to be trimmed, but it doesn't seem to be a major problem.
Pawpaw: Just finished my second outing using them and I'm a fan for sure. I can think of one campground I've visited in the past where this might not give me enough lift all by themselves so I might keep carrying a board or two just in case. But, so far they are awesome and I can recommend them with the one small question about durability I mentioned before. Time will tell.
2014 Autumn Ridge 329BHU.
Places we've camped...

pawpaw

Post by pawpaw » April 26th, 2015, 6:00 pm

2015 Autumn Ridge 329BHU
2020 Autumn Ridge Outfitter 182RB
2014 Sierra 6.2L with max tow pkge
Cypress, TX

jcarlilesiu

Post by jcarlilesiu » April 23rd, 2015, 12:52 am

Good deal. Congrats on the first trip. I may need to look into a set of those.

CenOhio

Post by CenOhio » April 21st, 2015, 2:48 am

Well, first trip out for the season is in the books! Yay!!! Left a little early on Sunday to avoid the bad weather.

These Levelers worked exactly as advertised. It was sooooo nice to just back up till I was level. I think I maybe should have trimmed them both down and not just one of the pair, because I needed to get off of them by pulling back forward (opposite the way I got on them) to avoid having the untrimmed one end up getting stuck between the two tires.

Other impressions: It's going to be interesting to see how they hold up to use. I ended up with a pretty decent gouge in one from a piece of small gravel that was stuck underneath. Maybe that was operator error! ;)

Still, so far, so good. I like them. Now I'm just hoping that they last.
Places we've camped...

jcarlilesiu

Post by jcarlilesiu » April 13th, 2015, 12:21 pm

Very cool. Let us know how they work out, and share your outing when you get a chance.
2014 Starcraft 16RB - Camper | 2015 GMC Yukon Denali XL

CenOhio

Post by CenOhio » April 13th, 2015, 1:50 am

Update: I finally was able to get out to the trailer and test fit, sure enough I had to cut off about 3 inches to get it to fit properly between the wheels on my 329BHU. This was about a five minute job with a hacksaw. Next up: The first real life test next weekend on our first outing of the year (finally!)
Places we've camped...

jcarlilesiu

Post by jcarlilesiu » February 17th, 2015, 5:18 pm

CenOhio wrote:
jcarlilesiu wrote:
CenOhio wrote:Here - let me Google that for you: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4JQV15VzBc&sns=em

:D
Thanks!

I didn't have time to research, so thanks for the link.

The only question I have is how it handles two different sides. If the camper is on a site that is unlevel side to side, and you put those levelers on both sides, when you pull forward, won't the tires roll the same amount on each side of the trailer? If so, won't it still be unlevel?
Not sure I understand your question. One (or both) levelers would go under the low side wheel(s). On the high side you'd just chock the tires as normal. Front to back you are leveling with the tounge jack.

Hope that clears it up. Sorry if I misunderstand and am stating the obvious.
Ahh, just regular chokes.

Yeah, that makes sense. I was thinking you would have to use them on both sides.
2014 Starcraft 16RB - Camper | 2015 GMC Yukon Denali XL

CenOhio

Post by CenOhio » February 17th, 2015, 12:59 am

jcarlilesiu wrote:
CenOhio wrote:Here - let me Google that for you: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4JQV15VzBc&sns=em

:D
Thanks!

I didn't have time to research, so thanks for the link.

The only question I have is how it handles two different sides. If the camper is on a site that is unlevel side to side, and you put those levelers on both sides, when you pull forward, won't the tires roll the same amount on each side of the trailer? If so, won't it still be unlevel?
Not sure I understand your question. One (or both) levelers would go under the low side wheel(s). On the high side you'd just chock the tires as normal. Front to back you are leveling with the tounge jack.

Hope that clears it up. Sorry if I misunderstand and am stating the obvious.
Places we've camped...

mobilemedic22

Post by mobilemedic22 » February 16th, 2015, 4:25 pm

I have the Anderson levelers and they are super easy to use, since i am on two axles i had to get a pair of them but super easy to use... Just figure out what side you need to come up on, slide them under the tires and either back up onto them or pull forward on them, and put the block in place once the bubble level is good. Takes me less than 5 minutes to get my rig level side to side....
2014 Starcraft TravelStar 239TBS
2012 Dodge Durango Citadel 5.7 Hemi