ideas for more traffic? / SEO anyone?

Non-model specific discussions related to RVing
rbrent

Re: ideas for more traffic? / SEO anyone?

Post by rbrent » March 5th, 2015, 2:38 am

Yea Feb was the 2nd coldest in the history of the Detroit Area. I for one am sick of this cold weather. Come on Spring!!!!
Bob and Margaret
2015 Launch Ultra Light 24RLS
2016 Chevrolet 1500 Double Cab
Westland, Michigan

jcarlilesiu

Post by jcarlilesiu » March 5th, 2015, 2:20 am

Rickm wrote:It's that time of the year .... everyone seems to hibernate during the winter months , but once theres a turn in the weather, we get out there and open her up, we're back into the swing of things ....not sure where everyone is at, and what their winter has been like, but here in SW Ontario, we have had 2 weeks of record low temps, and I for one am damn tired of it, the groundhog saw his shadow .... bring on spring, and another camping season
Yeah, February was terrible in the Chicago area.

Like, coldest February in 30 years or something.
2014 Starcraft 16RB - Camper | 2015 GMC Yukon Denali XL

Rickm

Post by Rickm » March 4th, 2015, 11:57 pm

It's that time of the year .... everyone seems to hibernate during the winter months , but once theres a turn in the weather, we get out there and open her up, we're back into the swing of things ....not sure where everyone is at, and what their winter has been like, but here in SW Ontario, we have had 2 weeks of record low temps, and I for one am damn tired of it, the groundhog saw his shadow .... bring on spring, and another camping season

jcarlilesiu

Post by jcarlilesiu » March 3rd, 2015, 2:14 pm

We have made some headway getting this site indexed on the major search engines.

I have been working with Google Webmaster Tools and Google Analytics. All are working well, and the site is indexed from a keyword search.

Now, its all about getting content into the site that will cause more search queries to find the site.

jcarlilesiu

Post by jcarlilesiu » February 16th, 2015, 2:04 pm

CenOhio wrote:Well... I don't know a great deal except that in general terms quality keywords placed where the search engines can find them help some. Also. The more traffic you get , then the more you are likely to raise in the search rankings.

Whatever you do. Don't try to "game the system". Google can, and has basically banned pages from ever appearing in their search results for blatantly trying to artificially improve their search rankings.

You have to be in this for the long haul. Once the site starts to gain a following and more posts, your rankings ought to improve. Make sure the search engines can index the site. Google itself used to publish some information about how it ranked content and there are others that may offer information. Beware those that promise number one rankings for a "small" fee, or subscription.
Thanks CenOhio.

I went and changed some of the forum topics to get more keywords strategically placed. Hopefully that will get google and the other engines to pick up the new site!

CenOhio

Post by CenOhio » February 16th, 2015, 2:26 am

Well... I don't know a great deal except that in general terms quality keywords placed where the search engines can find them help some. Also. The more traffic you get , then the more you are likely to raise in the search rankings.

Whatever you do. Don't try to "game the system". Google can, and has basically banned pages from ever appearing in their search results for blatantly trying to artificially improve their search rankings.

You have to be in this for the long haul. Once the site starts to gain a following and more posts, your rankings ought to improve. Make sure the search engines can index the site. Google itself used to publish some information about how it ranked content and there are others that may offer information. Beware those that promise number one rankings for a "small" fee, or subscription.
2014 Autumn Ridge 329BHU.
Places we've camped...

jcarlilesiu

Post by jcarlilesiu » February 13th, 2015, 2:54 am

That would be cool.

Looking at their site though, there doesn't appear to be any advertisements.

Maybe contacting them and having them link to us may work. I started this forum on a shoe-string budget. So I don't really have the capacity for big advertising.

This site isn't ranking very high in the search engine results, so I was hoping that there might be a current member that knows a thing or two about Search Engine Optimization.

rbrent

Post by rbrent » February 13th, 2015, 1:50 am

would it be possible to advertise on the starcraft website? Just need to get the word out.
Bob and Margaret
2015 Launch Ultra Light 24RLS
2016 Chevrolet 1500 Double Cab
Westland, Michigan

jcarlilesiu

ideas for more traffic? / SEO anyone?

Post by jcarlilesiu » February 12th, 2015, 4:48 am

Hi everybody, Jake here (your friendly site owner)

Anybody have any ideas of suggestions about how to build more traffic for the site?

Is anybody good at SEO? We aren't ranking very high in search engines.

Shoot me a PM if you have any ideas