ANY STARCRAFT R/T POPUPS on here...

Non-model specific discussions related to RVing
Juvie

Re: ANY STARCRAFT R/T POPUPS on here...

Post by Juvie » August 1st, 2016, 9:55 pm

Thanks Roy.
I got it figured out. I opened the camper and saw that there is a specific wall plug labeled for the A/C.
The previous owner never saw it and like you said, it was used to plug into the hook up at the park or run from a generator.

RoyBraddy

Post by RoyBraddy » July 30th, 2016, 8:59 am

JUVIE - I bet your RT13 does the same thing my 14RT does on hooking up the roof mounted Air Conditioner...

My 120VAC POWER cord is behind a raceway from the the A/C unit to the wall edge. Then the cord comes out of the raceway and is attached to couple of hooks and stays in this area with the unplugged cord while in travel mode (different than shown here). My raceway runs to the back side of the trailer and the cable is hid behind the Valance Curtains there. When I show up at the camp ground with power pedestals I unhook this A/C cord from the hooks which allows it to drop down the behind the window curtain and it routes to a small U Shaped hole in my wrap around seating arrangement top lift put cover. Inside the wrap around seat cabinet is a special 20A Receptacle that is connected to my trailer 30A 120V Distribution side of my converter/charger unit. Connects to a 20A Circuit breaker here. Like I said above I can use a 20AMP type Extension Cord and run this out to a 20A Pedestal receptacle if I want to and use the 20A Service Receptacle on the Power Pedestal pole or plug directly into a 2400 Watt Portable Generator. My 2KW Honda Generator will not run my 13,500 BTU Roof Mounted Air Conditioner. Not quite big enough.

Here is a Google Image of someone raceway to their Roof Mounted Air Conditioner...
Google Image

Here is where I carry my 2KW Generator secured to the inside wall of my locked and covered truck bed near the tailgate. When I need to use my generator I just pull it out onto the dropped tail gate. The trailer 30A Pedestal Cord fit the generator here just fine. My generator is never left abandoned at a camp site and goes where I go... When I am camping off-grid I will usually drain down my battery bank to it 50% charge state (approximatekly 12.0VDC) over nite and hook up the 30A Shore Power Cable to my 2KW Generator. This then runs my PD9260C smart mode converter/charger for about three hours each morning to recharge my battery bank. Being old school I don't start my next day/night run off the batteries unless they are at their 90% charge state. Otherwise it gets dark on me around 10PM at night...
Roy's Image

Roy Ken
Posts are IMHO based on experiences - PM me
CAPS does not mean I am SHOUTING
Roy and Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN

RoyBraddy

Post by RoyBraddy » July 29th, 2016, 11:05 pm

ADMINISTRATOR - Welcome back .... Glad to see the StarCraft Site under new command....

I could definitely find three or four from those pages that would work. I was just trying to find something similar to the BOX TYPE of clamp... Since the aluminum BOX is permanently mounted to the trailer side I have to spread open the assy to slip a pipe into it...

I never contacted WINEGARD about getting a couple more of them - I don't think they make that antenna anymore as it wasn't very good haha... I used mine for awhile and then found I could use the bracket to hold up an EZ-UP pole for my BATWING haha... The BATWING with the dipoles is probably as good as one of those OTA antennas get..

Roy Ken
Last edited by RoyBraddy on July 30th, 2016, 9:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Roy and Carolyn

RoyBraddy

Post by RoyBraddy » July 29th, 2016, 10:53 pm

JUVIE - No - This must be a previous owner hookup perhaps to run the Air Conditioner from a portable Generator.

Also the 30AMP Shore power Pedestal is not really alot of juice and sometimes I will run a separate 20AMP pedestal service connection to my 14R/T to plug the the air conditioner into... The 20A service and the 30A service on the pedestals are on their own circuit breaker so this means the Air Conditioner will not be taking anything away from the 30A Connection.

What kind of PLUG does your second cable have.

This is a 120VAC 20A plug layout.

The 120VAC 15A plug has the two prongs going in the same direction

Does this help...

Roy Ken
Roy and Carolyn

Administrator
Site Admin

Post by Administrator » July 29th, 2016, 9:50 am

I see similar pipe clamps quite often in my rounds at work. I did a google search on 2" Aluminum Pipe clamp and quite a few choices popped up. Austin Hardware is an awesome place to find a lot of stuff one might not find elsewhere ....

http://austinhardware.com/

Juvie

Post by Juvie » July 28th, 2016, 3:45 pm

Roy,
I just bought a RT 13 so it is new to me. I have never owned a camper before.
What I wanted to ask about is the A/C plug. It seems that the camper has a plug for a campsite hook up and the A/C has a separate plug that needs a hook up also.
So basically, I would need two hook up plugs at the campsite. Is this how yours is?

RoyBraddy

Post by RoyBraddy » May 23rd, 2016, 3:17 pm

I wish I could find a source for these clamps. The PVC PIPE fits perfect in it... This came with the Winegard HA0130 Hideaway HDTV Travel Antenna I tried out for awhile... It didn't work all that well for picking up TV signals... Much the same as rabbit ears...

Roy Ken
Roy and Carolyn

moallen

Post by moallen » May 23rd, 2016, 2:53 pm

Here's my modified bat-wing. I take out the 2 bolts for travel and store the pole and antenna in my storage compartment.
Bat_Wing.jpg
Bat_Wing.jpg (243.14 KiB) Viewed 3039 times
But yours gives me an idea. I can slip my aluminum post through a section of PVC and then clamp the PVC to my slideout. Don't know why I didn't think of that before. That would make it easy to rotate the bat-wing.

This was my 3rd try to get better tv reception. The Winegard Roadstar that came on my trailer couldn't bring in the same stations we used to get at the same campsites. After doing some research I located Winegard's specs for their Roadstar and their Bat-Wing. Roadstar is rated for 35 miles and Bat-Wing is rated for 55 miles.

Now I have the Roadstar just connected to the radio-stereo.
2016 Starcraft Launch Ultra Lite 24RLS
2016 Dodge Ram 4x4, 5.7L V8, 8 speed auto, 3.21 axle ratio

RoyBraddy

Post by RoyBraddy » May 22nd, 2016, 8:48 pm

My BATWING antenna works great... I tried two or three different antenna but finally decided the BATWING did the best for me...

Here is a couple of different photos that may show it better on how I support it on the side of PUPUP trailer...

Image Image

That a three inch squeeze clamp on the side of the roof and the bottom part is a TV pole stand off and my two section pole just sits into it and is clamped solid on the top. Then I have smaller TV antenna sections inside the bigger PVC pipe which lets me reach out of the flap window and rotate the BATWING on the top.

Takes about 5-minutes to setup and take down for transport...

Roy Ken
Roy and Carolyn

RoyBraddy

Post by RoyBraddy » May 22nd, 2016, 8:32 pm

MOALLEN - I have added a few more items to it since that photo was taken.... I have a couple of 2m/440 anttena on the rear of the trailer and a bracket for my HF TARHEEL Screwdriver Antenna which I havent used yet. Also on the back bumper I have the two folding 3-inch aluminum triangle antenna tower sectin which are 5- long each. They will fold up from the bumper and tie into my roof for siupport. This will support a center pole up around 20-feet for my HF off-center ham long wire antenna...

Srill working on it some...

Floor plan looks something like this

I want to get alot of radio equipment going and already have my battery system beefed up some so I can stay out a couple of weeks running off my batteries...

Roy Ken
Roy and Carolyn