Spring Projects

Non-model specific discussions related to RVing
pawpaw

Re: Spring Projects

Post by pawpaw » March 6th, 2015, 12:11 pm

I'm going to install LED bulbs in all the light fixtures, and give our TT a good coat of wax. May have to draft the older grand kids to help on the second project, lol.
2015 Autumn Ridge 329BHU
2020 Autumn Ridge Outfitter 182RB
2014 Sierra 6.2L with max tow pkge
Cypress, TX

tslarson

Post by tslarson » March 6th, 2015, 2:32 am

Besides the normal spring prep for camping, I am going to install a 2 gallon expansion tank in the water system to reduce water pump cycling. I had a very small one on my Jayco and it helped, a two gallon sized one should do the trick nicely. I purchase a Flotec brand one from Home Depot. Also i am going to install a set of BAL lock Arm Stabilizers on the front and rear electric stabilizer jacks. The single motor Lippert system supports the trailer, but sucks at stabilizing.
2015 Travel Star Galaxy 299BHU (Black Pearl Edition)
2009 Ford F150 CC FX4

Rickm

Post by Rickm » March 6th, 2015, 1:28 am

Hmmmm ....lets see, reinstall spare tire, propane tank, battery n box, put the plastic bin/drawers over the bathtub, flush the water lines and give it a wax job! Also, I am going to make a frame for a bed so when we don't use the end bunk, we will have a bed where the table is. Last year we did that, and the table warped ..... and we are not fatties. Although StarCraft shipped me a new table, I think I will make a frame instead.

max2bob

Post by max2bob » March 5th, 2015, 5:09 pm

I need to replace the shower head in the ar-one as it does not have a shut off. besides greasing the wheel bearings and coupler and checking the air in the tires and re-installing the battery that's about it. need to repack it of course for summer. oh, and de-winterize. I do want to permanently mount solar also so when it warms up I will check feasible locations for panels and controller.
your list sounds great, good mods and you will be happy with them.
2000 dodge 2500, 2015 starcraft 14rb ar-one, 2013 jayco eagle 257rbs

jcarlilesiu

Spring Projects

Post by jcarlilesiu » March 5th, 2015, 2:35 pm

What does everybody have to do in the way of spring projects?

I have the following I am excited to get started on.

1. Change all light fixtures to LED (starlight LED with dimmers)
2. Upgrade to two propane tanks
3. Install oxygenics shower head
4. Install (2) six volt batteries and battery box

What is everybody else waiting to get started on? I can't wait for some warmer weather!
2014 Starcraft 16RB - Camper | 2015 GMC Yukon Denali XL