I have Mice!!

Non-model specific discussions related to RVing
Marsh

Re: I have Mice!!

Post by Marsh » July 7th, 2021, 8:59 am

The best way to keep the mice out of your camper is to go for some preventive measures. Here are some of them you can go for to get rid of them for good. Check this guide for some preventive measures.

Rickm

Post by Rickm » March 27th, 2015, 10:31 pm

maybe I shouldn't joke, I havn't checked mine yet!

Rickm

Post by Rickm » March 27th, 2015, 10:31 pm

Steel wool is also good to use around any openings where plumbing etc comes through. I have also heard that peppermint keeps them away. If all fails, get a cat ..... :lol:

CDNfyrfytr

I have Mice!!

Post by CDNfyrfytr » March 27th, 2015, 1:03 pm

Thanks for the tips guys. I have been reading up on the subject a lot in the last few days. I have always had dryer sheets and this year they were not a deterrent. I'm going over there today to put traps in and hopeful get the little suckers. I'm going to bring in home next week as I have a few days off so I'll seal up the bottom and any other holes and then put more traps in. Then the unfortunate task of inspecting and cleaning will begin. The only mouse I want in the trailer is Mickey[emoji12]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jcarlilesiu

Post by jcarlilesiu » March 27th, 2015, 4:13 am

That sucks man!

I check on mine in storage every few weeks, and I am always nervous to pull the door open.

We used the old Bounce Laundry Sheets, and so far (knock on wood), no issues.

I think the biggest issue, is to make sure you got the thing sealed up tight. Prevent them from getting in in the first place.
2014 Starcraft 16RB - Camper | 2015 GMC Yukon Denali XL

rbrent

Post by rbrent » March 24th, 2015, 9:31 pm

Mouse traps should get rid of the critters, What you need to do for the future is grab a chaulk gun and crawl around under the camper and fill in any holes you see in the bottom that leads to the inside. don't matter if you have a underbelly cover they will still get in. any hole the size of a nail head. fill them up. also use the screens that go over your furnace outlets and HW outlets. and look for any holes in the frame that goes thru into the underbelly. speaking from experience. Also while cleaning up the camper check in every storage space and cabinets that you have. I have found nests in areas that I never could figure out how they got into the area. They can get into the tiniest holes. Good Luck!!!
Bob and Margaret
2015 Launch Ultra Light 24RLS
2016 Chevrolet 1500 Double Cab
Westland, Michigan

CDNfyrfytr

I have Mice!!

Post by CDNfyrfytr » March 24th, 2015, 8:10 pm

Hey all, I went to check on the TT today and found mouse droppings inside! :x :x :x Wow was I pissed off! I have parked/stored a trailer in the same place for 5 winters now and have never had a rodent problem before. It has been a long, cold and snowy winter in southern Ontario and this was the first time I've been able to get to the trailer. I was wondering how any of you have dealt with first getting rid of, and then keeping mice out in the future. I am going to get some traps this week, and hopefully bring the trailer home this or next weekend. Any suggestions would be very helpful! Thanks a lot all! 8-)
2014 Starcraft Autumn Ridge 289BHS
2013 F150 EcoBoost FX4 SuperCrew