Winterizing/De winterizing the 2014 Launch 16RB

Non-model specific discussions related to RVing
Marsh

Re: Winterizing/De winterizing the 2014 Launch 16RB

Post by Marsh » May 13th, 2021, 9:25 am

This article will provide you some tips as well as How to winterize your RV interior and exterior. This article also has some of the most common mistakes done while winterizing an RV or a trailer. So check it out.

Wilkerson

Post by Wilkerson » November 23rd, 2017, 11:31 pm

How do you bypass the hot water heater

Pottercounty

Post by Pottercounty » March 30th, 2015, 4:53 pm

Yeah it's almost like our AR One however, the valves are different and separated from the water heater. Took only 15 minutes to winterize and used about a gallon of antifreeze. I'll figure it out, Thanks for your responses...

jcarlilesiu

Post by jcarlilesiu » March 30th, 2015, 2:10 pm

Hey Pottercounty,

I have a 16RB too. I winterized it last year, and it was pretty easy and straight forward. I didn't however photo graph anything.

The 16RB comes with a winterization system. Under the front most bench of the dinette, you have to remove 4 screws that hold the seat base on. When opened up, you will find your fresh water holding tank, water pump, and a few hoses. Basically, there should be a hose in there with an open end (nothing attached).

All you have to do is flip the valves that redirect the pump to suck from the open ended hose. You can then use the low point drain to drain the fresh water tank. After you do that, you can put the available hose into the antifreeze solution. Before turning on the water pump, I pull the drain plug on the hot water heater and drain it. Additionally, under the rear most dinette bench, there is another access area to get at the hot water heater. You will want to open that up as well, and flip the valves so that the hot water heater is bypassed.

Once you get that all done... go ahead and turn on the water pump. When it is on, and starts sucking the antifreeze solution into the plumbing system, simply turn on each hot and cold water facet until the antifreeze pink liquid starts to come out. I usually let it run a few seconds after all of the water is out so that the plumbing P-Trap under the sinks fill up as well. Don't forget to do the shower, toilet, and the lavatory sink in the bathroom as well.

Mine took about 2 gallons.

When that is all done, you can close everything back up. Leave the drain plug out of the water heater. Then simply drain the grey and black water tanks. You are done.

As far as de-winterizing, I found a YouTube video of the explanation for the 16RB. Check it out here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CjgSHjrjS6I
2014 Starcraft 16RB - Camper | 2015 GMC Yukon Denali XL

Pottercounty

Winterizing/De winterizing the 2014 Launch 16RB

Post by Pottercounty » March 30th, 2015, 1:39 pm

Does anyone know of or have, step by step pictures of the Winterizing/DeWinterizing of the 2014 Launch 16RB? I appreciate all advice as well.

Tim