Satellite 16KS leaking

Discussion for all discontinued or other model RVs. Don't own a Starcraft? That's ok, we'll let you sit around the fire too.
partsbob

Re: Satellite 16KS leaking

Post by partsbob » June 24th, 2019, 3:38 am

Under the Starcraft Satellite group, you’ll find my Post of “Roof Leak 17RB” from our experience last Fall with our new 17RB. It was corrected by completely replacing the caulking along both sides of the roof, fortunately while under warranty. Plenty of rainy days since and not a drop inside.
NC/VA Mountains
2019 Heartland Caliber 27RBDS
2018 Starcraft Satellite 17RB (SOLD)
TV: 2016 Ford F-150 Lariat 4WD EcoBoost

TraciTravels

Post by TraciTravels » March 2nd, 2019, 8:30 pm

I’m having this same issue with my 2018 launch. 19’ with 5’ slide. It’s the back left side of mattress and sometimes the right side corner too. Only the corners of slide. Has happened both when slide is in and it was sitting on camping world parking lot and now again while out with it with slide extended. I now have moldy smell and white stuff growing in the wood and it’s damp. They claimed to have fixed it 3 different times already. I need help. I am hating this thing right now and it’s my daughter and my home. Please help?!?!?

Skeeter_Pants

Post by Skeeter_Pants » August 13th, 2018, 3:11 pm

I found water coming down slide out near the bed the other day. The slide out was fully retracted. First time I've seen that. Extending and retracting the slide out seemed to fix the problem--the gasket must not have set properly the last time I closed it. Probably not related to your issue?

I'm having another problem with the interior wall up near the ceiling. The wallpaper is starting to delaminate and pucker. I'm guessing I have a roof leak at the edge. No obvious gaps/cracks in the roof sealant. Frustrating, because my Satellite 18DS is just over a year old...
2017 Starcraft Satellite 18DS / 2016 Toyota Hilander Hybrid :geek:

SCcamper

Post by SCcamper » June 11th, 2018, 7:37 pm

No. No lights above. There is a window in the area but not really close to where I am seeing the water. I suppose it could be running from there or a seam on the roof. I am just not seeing any evidence of a leak anywhere but this one small area.

cattzap

Post by cattzap » June 11th, 2018, 5:05 pm

Are there any lights outside the are up above by the roof line? They gooched one, they could have gooched another.

SCcamper

Satellite 16KS leaking

Post by SCcamper » June 11th, 2018, 4:24 pm

Was wondering if any other owners were having an issue with a leak underneath the bed on the left side of the trailer. Water seems to be coming in and running along the bed frame and getting the mattress wet. I found an issue last year where one of the marker lights lens was not on correctly and water seemed to be entering the light and then running down the wires which are under the bed frame. Today, I found the mattress damp again. I checked the light and didn't find any moisture in the lens this time. I checked and the only place that seems to be wet is the upper part of the bed frame. No puddles on the floor. All the plumping in that area seemed to be dry and is below the area that is wet. I checked the exterior and there doesn't really seem to be any other area where water could come in in that area. Just wondering if anyone else had ran into this issue.