2003 Antigua Axle

Discussion for all discontinued or other model RVs. Don't own a Starcraft? That's ok, we'll let you sit around the fire too.
kuba122

Re: 2003 Antigua Axle

Post by kuba122 » June 23rd, 2020, 12:06 am

You might want to try the Starcraft factory, but, I suspect they probably wouldn’t be much help.

I do hope you figure it out! I have no idea.
2014 Starcraft AR-One 15RB
2006 Chevrolet Silverado

quinnp12

2003 Antigua Axle

Post by quinnp12 » June 22nd, 2020, 8:52 pm

Howdy everybody, new to the forum and have questions immediately of course. I recently purchased a 2003 Starcraft Antigua 215RB that is, for the most part, in great shape. On our first trip of course a bearing gave out and before I could get it fixed it destroyed the spindle...honestly happy it didn't come up apart on the return trip.

The problem I'm coming across is that I cannot, for the life of me, figure out the specs on the axle to replace it. I know it's a 2500# drop axle, Dexter brand, with the 10" electric brakes but I can't find many 2500# axles and the length doesn't match anything I see online. I attempted to call Dexter and Rockwell American (the front axle was replaced by the previous owner) but there was no answer from either and it wouldn't even go to voicemail with Dexter.

Can someone please help me, direct me to the part I need? I can replace the stupid thing and turn a wrench as well as anyone, but not if I have no part to replace it with.

Thanks all, Phil