Greetings from Elberton, Ga 77 Starcraft Starmaster 8

Discussion for all discontinued or other model RVs. Don't own a Starcraft? That's ok, we'll let you sit around the fire too.
Shadowfax419

Greetings from Elberton, Ga 77 Starcraft Starmaster 8

Post by Shadowfax419 » August 21st, 2020, 4:59 pm

Hello all,
I just purchased a 77 Starmaster8..."used, but in good shape" for $250. The floor seemed solid, the top was calked pretty good, but seems solid. There is one spot in the left front that looks like it has been wet and it sags just a little in the middle when looking at it from the interior. The frame has some surface rust but is solid other than that. The right front post won't jack evenly with the other 3 when raising the top. The floor, upon removing the old cabinets has water damage in the corners (all 4), but other than that seems solid. I have a few questions, as I'm a newbie to popups. I'll ask a few at a time so I don't wear out my welcome. I'll also post pictures if anyone seems to care about helping me out. :)
First, did this pop up have any kind of support for the canvas over the pull outs? There is nothing in the middle of the hoop that you push to hold up the tent where you could attach anything. As a result, the top kind of sags down. The converter worked when I first plugged it in, (I was able to plug a multi tool into the 115 AC outlet, but then it quit.) Any ideas? There is a large piece of ductwork behind the rear paneling (which I took out due to rot). It hooks up to nothing but goes to a fitting on the right rear of the camper. Any ideas what that's for?
Thanks in advance for helping this newbie out. When my Wife retires (again) in Nov. we plan on hitting the road for some exploring and I would like to have this renovation complete by then.
Thanks again,
Bobby