Roof platform

A place to discuss non-OEM upgrades and improvements
byronTralp

Roof platform

Post by byronTralp » May 13th, 2019, 12:24 am

On my car the roof isnt black in the same way as the bonnet hood but is bare black Carbon Fibre - I guess they left it bare to save weight.

tcbro

Re: Roof platform

Post by tcbro » April 20th, 2018, 4:56 pm

Roy,
Thanks for your reply. I'm afraid a heavy external frame like that would reduce the resale value. I'm looking for simple and light.

Thanks again,
Tom
Tom
2016 AR-One 17TH
2009 GMC Sierra

RoyBraddy

Re: Roof platform

Post by RoyBraddy » April 9th, 2018, 9:07 pm

I personally can't think of a good reason to do this haha...

You might look into putting up ceiling support pieces that are used to support the trailer roof when adding air conditioners on top...

Something like this google photo... Space several a couple of feet apart across the inside ceiling of your trailer.

This idea however IMO would be better for holding up very heavy weight like you are suggesting...
This frame-work would be all the way down to the frame of the trailer and you could build up anything platform you want on the top...

Just a couple of my ideas to mull around...

Roy ken
Posts are IMHO based on experiences - PM me
CAPS does not mean I am SHOUTING
Roy and Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN

tcbro

Roof platform

Post by tcbro » April 3rd, 2018, 11:42 pm

Hello,
I would like to add a platform to the roof of my new-to-me 2016 AR-One 17TH toy hauler. I like to go to car races and would like an elevated viewing platform. Everything I read says the roof can be walked on but I can't imagine that this is a very good thing to do. I envision a small angle iron frame with an expanded metal deck like a landscaper's trailer. I'm curious as to the support structure under the roof so I know where to place the mounts and supports. I see 3 people with lawn chairs sitting up there

Has anybody had done something like this?

Thanks,
Tom
2016 AR-One 17TH
2009 GMC Sierra