Screenroom attachement to awning

A place to discuss non-OEM upgrades and improvements
partsbob

Re: Screenroom attachement to awning

Post by partsbob » October 23rd, 2018, 1:23 pm

Matthew, another option, though it would certainly take some modifications, would be to buy a screen attachment like Lowes & Home Depot sell for their freestanding 10x10 & 12x12 canopies. I’ve seen them on Clearance at Lowes for $150 or less and, since the Satellite has a 9’ awning, it should come close to being the right size. Perhaps even some spring-loaded clips would be sufficient to hold it to the awning when it’s not too windy, though you’ll need to see if it would be long enough to reach the ground, since the awning is quite high. That’s what we plan to try next Summer for our Satellite.
NC/VA Mountains
2019 Heartland Caliber 27RBDS
2018 Starcraft Satellite 17RB (SOLD)
TV: 2016 Ford F-150 Lariat 4WD EcoBoost

VictorH

Re: Screenroom attachement to awning

Post by VictorH » August 7th, 2018, 5:45 am

I have a Carefree Vacation'r (that name is terrible) awning room for my 26bhs. It is very sturdy and adds a whole new room to the outside of the trailer. This is particularly useful for entertaining. It was pretty pricey at around $800. It has roll up covers for all of the screen windows for privacy. We don't us it every time we stop but it has come in handy for cooler or breezy evenings. It does a good job keeping most of the bugs at bay. Putting it up requires a ladder or picnic table to secure it but I can do it in about 15 minutes or so. Hope this is helpful (I looked for a picture with it up but could not find a good one - check them out online)
Victor and Leslie
2015 StarCraft Launch 26 BHS and 2005 Toyota Sequoia

matthewcreath

Screenroom attachement to awning

Post by matthewcreath » April 27th, 2018, 1:46 pm

Hello! My parents just purchased a 2017 StarCraft satellite with electric awning. We were curious as to if others have purchased screen room attachments for this awning and what the best one is… This will be a very important purchase for them to enjoy the camper. Please let me know specifically if any of you have purchased a screen room attachment… We do understand another option is to buy a big screen room and put it on our side separate but we are interested in finding out if there are any good attaching screen rooms to the awning first thanks