L "dinette" seat?

A place to discuss non-OEM upgrades and improvements
penny

Re: L "dinette" seat?

Post by penny » November 7th, 2018, 10:38 pm

we have now taken two trips in our AR 1 18 QB. Not long, but enough to start getting the "feel" of how it works. To my surprise and delight, I actually like the L couch and narrow table. we don't put the table down, or away, just move it in toward the seat when not in use. there are two of us and two dachshunds camping and I like the open floor plan of the trailer. The seat is actually pretty comfortable, and there is room for a nice folding chair at the foot of the bed. As we camp in different situations we may change our minds, but for now, we like it!

kuba122

Post by kuba122 » November 5th, 2018, 10:30 pm

Posting a pic... at the bottom of the reply screen you see 2 tabs “options “ and “attachments “ use the attachments tab click “add files” and find the file on your computer, phone, etc. would love to see what you have!!
2014 Starcraft AR-One 15RB
2006 Chevrolet Silverado

1953coe

Post by 1953coe » November 3rd, 2018, 12:05 pm

I have a 2105 18QB, just me camping, so I redid the L shape seating, and made room for a recliner, very happy with it. I found the long table to be a pain in the rear, taking it in and out of under the bed. So I use a small wood fold up table, made a mounting set up in the closet when on the road. I carry 2 of them, 1 for outside & 1 for inside. I don't know how to post a pic.???, 1st. time here-?

penny

Post by penny » October 30th, 2018, 5:27 pm

I have another idea! Instead of mods to dinette area, what if we put a tri-fold sleeper sofa where the bed is? no plans yet, but it sure would be nice to have a more comfortable daytime seating area. of course, the whole idea of the new camper was the permanent bed, but nice to know it's an option.

if anyone has one of these, I wonder how they compare with the nice queen sized permanent bed in our trailer.

penny

Post by penny » October 23rd, 2018, 1:18 pm

I sure will post pics. It sounds like we have different floor plans, but the same basic problem. Our dining bench runs from the door at the rear, under the one rear window. the shorter part of the "L" comes into the space between the kitchen and dinette. I wish we had a narrow booth type so we could look out the window while sitting at the dinette.

If we use a table and chairs, I worry it will not allow space for a small upholstered chair, if two upholstered chairs and a table are used, there would only be seating for two. Ah well, we will find out what will work after we go out in it a few times.

Mods are kind of fun anyway.

GaryG

Post by GaryG » October 23rd, 2018, 2:01 am

I've thought of the same thing, however, our dinette comes with the two bench seats which are not really wide enough for two adults. I'd take it out and put a table with 4 matching chairs only using two unless we have the grandkids with us) but I would still have to deal with the wheel well. I don't know why they didn't bring out the width of the two bench seats at least another 2 inches to match up with the wall behind the bench seat and in front of the bunks. There is at least that much room. They could have easily brought out the other bench seat up against the refrigerator that much as well without taking up too much floor space. The table is that wide, but the benches are not. I'm still considering it. Let us know what you decide and please take photos if you do. Thanks for posting.
2016 Starcraft 26 BHS Launch Ultra Lite - Gary from Boise, Idaho

penny

L "dinette" seat?

Post by penny » October 22nd, 2018, 3:31 pm

We have just purchased a 2016 AR1 18QB, haven't even gone to pick it up yet, but already thinking of how we could change the bench/table configuration it comes with. It looks nice, but we like to look out the window, not have our back to the great outdoors. it is also remarkably uncomfortable and really narrows the room between kitchen area and seating area. We looked underneath at the existing bench seat, and it seems removing it would be easy. We are thinking either of a small table and chair set that would have to straddle the wheel well and an extremely compact upholstered chair, or maybe a table with 2 more comfortable chairs on either side.

I've looked around at this site for ideas, but haven't seen anyone changing that dinette bench with the skinny table for something else. We will camp a few times before we decide on what to do, but something that we decided to change before we bought it is sure to be the first thing we can't live with.