Solving drain hose problem

A place to discuss non-OEM upgrades and improvements
uct

Re: Solving drain hose problem

Post by uct » January 18th, 2019, 8:52 pm

I bought a 5inch square vinyl post cover with 2 end caps and mounted it on top of my bumper. Hose fits. pop riveted cheap handles to the end caps. Use a small bungee to secure the end caps when on the road
Gary and Karla Beagles Maddux and Smoltz
2013 f 150 5.0 crew tow package
2016 24 rls

mddrudge

Post by mddrudge » January 16th, 2019, 9:26 pm

I have a similar issue with my 17RB. I did find that if I turn the connector on the end just the right way it will barely squeeze into the bumper. I recently ordered two new bumper end caps that actually attach to the bumper so you don't loose them. One of the nhw caps actually hal the fitting to attach the end of the hole to it so that al you pull the cap off of the bumpem it pulls the hose out. I havent got them installed yet. I got them off of Amazon.

I am planning on doing solething similar to what has been mentioned with a larger PVC pipe strapped/mounted under the bumper to store the sawer drain hose in.

pawpaw

Post by pawpaw » January 6th, 2019, 10:34 am

I have heard, and don't know for sure, that one manufacturer's hose ends are a little larger than the others and will not fit into the bumper. Sorry, but I can't remember which one it is. That's probably what you have. Just my $.02.
2015 Autumn Ridge 329BHU
2020 Autumn Ridge Outfitter 182RB
2014 Sierra 6.2L with max tow pkge
Cypress, TX

J&S

Post by J&S » January 4th, 2019, 5:09 pm

Thankyou Kuba,

That sounds like a great fix. What I meant was not the end caps on the bumper but the fittings on the hose won't slide into bumper.

kuba122

Post by kuba122 » January 4th, 2019, 1:18 am

I don’t have a 16ks, and maybe I’m not sure what you mean by “connections” the end caps for storage?

Maybe I’m a little weird, but, I don’t like sewer hoses in the bumper .... I bought a 10 foot piece of 6” white pipe and the threaded adapters and caps for the ends, strapped it to the bottom of my trailer and store all of my sewage and cleaning supplies in there. Everything including 2 sewer hoses, a 15 foot garden hose and the threaded sewer hose 90 along with a cleaning wand to clean out the black tank fits and is easy to access. I also can keep 2 brand new unused sewerhoses in the bumper that are actually spares without caps.

Just the way I did it.
2014 Starcraft AR-One 15RB
2006 Chevrolet Silverado

J&S

Solving drain hose problem

Post by J&S » January 3rd, 2019, 3:44 pm

We purchased a 2018 Starcraft 16 KS and are readying it for take off. I tried to put the black water drain hose in the bumper and it wouldn't fit.
The connections are too large. The hose itself would fit but I don't think I want to take off connectors each time. Has anyone experienced this or did I get a wrong bumper or am I resigned to stuffing hose in a bag. Thanks in advance.