Looking to add a baby gates to bunks in 26BH

A place to discuss non-OEM upgrades and improvements
RoyBraddy

Re: Looking to add a baby gates to bunks in 26BH

Post by RoyBraddy » March 23rd, 2019, 4:34 pm

I know this is an older post and you probably have done something already...

This may not be what you are looking for but on my 2008 Starcraft 14/RT Off Road POPUP trailer my tent bed ends has a stretch rope in the bottom of the tent bed flaps that hook in under the tent bed wood floor. This is not a real tight fit and I am always loosing small items falling out of the tent bed.

I solved this problem by getting four 2X2X36-inch foam sections from LOWES - WALMART that is provided with the small window home air conditioner to place in the raised window portion to block off the outside air...

Works real good for us keeping small things like flashlights etc from falling out... I got mine from WALWART and two on each side of each tent bed ends seals off a pretty tight setup... I stick these in place before hooking in the bottom tent flaps...

May help to go along with your gate doors idea somewhat... My tent bed sections have pull curtains that can be open or closed... The outside windows have a zip down cover with a screen behind them you can open starting from the top...
This is what my tent bed ends look like from the inside..
Google image

Another idea I did to my tent bed floors was to add the 2-foot stick on floor carpet squares from LOWES to the tent bed wood floor. This really helped for better temperature control for drafts etc...

Roy Ken
Posts are IMHO based on experiences - PM me
CAPS does not mean I am SHOUTING
Roy and Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN

Stewan

Looking to add a baby gates to bunks in 26BH

Post by Stewan » February 21st, 2019, 1:19 am

We plan on adding baby gates to our autumn ridge 26BH in both top and bottom bunks.
We will be travelling for 8 weeks with a one year old and 2.5 year old so will need something sturdy. Has anyone ever attempted this? Does anyone know if you can purchase specific kits or mounting brackets? Thought I would ask before diving to deep into plans.
TIA