Upgrading the Original DVD/Radio in our RV

A place to discuss non-OEM upgrades and improvements
kuba122

Re: Upgrading the Original DVD/Radio in our RV

Post by kuba122 » October 20th, 2019, 2:16 pm

Yeah, I did it. You have to make a bezel because the din is smaller than original. I made video of the process ..... i will try to get to editing soon.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (2.21 MiB) Viewed 4243 times
2014 Starcraft AR-One 15RB
2006 Chevrolet Silverado

Ferrenburg

Re: Upgrading the Original DVD/Radio in our RV

Post by Ferrenburg » October 19th, 2019, 11:51 pm

Hello there, any updates to your project? I'm curious about doing the same thing in our trailer.
--
Jim & Tammy Ferrenburg
2015 Nissan Frontier Pro-4X
2018 Autumn Ridge 18QB Extreme Edition

kuba122

Upgrading the Original DVD/Radio in our RV

Post by kuba122 » June 22nd, 2019, 3:40 pm

Our Barely used DVD/Receiver system died. I had to totally take it apart to get a CD out of it. In complete reality We "might" have used it for a total of 40 hours. We never even put a DVD in it, usually I played a CD or a usb stick with MP3s on it while I was working.

I am not putting an RV unit back in. I am goung to fit a pioneer double din DVD receiver AVH-601EX in the spot vacated by our old Drive EED-V06.

There is a fairly significant size difference, so, it won't be a simple swap.

This swap out will require a little wood working, bracket fabrication, extra remote ports and cables and an A/B/AB Speaker Selector.

I've been using pioneer Car Stereo systems for 30 years. Every one I ever owned lasted several years longer than the two this one did. In my cars, there is always a CD going. In my work truck it plays at least 2 hours every day driving around town, on average.

I will photo and video document this swap for those that might want to do the same thing in the future, starting today.
2014 Starcraft AR-One 15RB
2006 Chevrolet Silverado