1999 Stardust 10' Tent Trailer in need of OEM parts

A place to discuss non-OEM upgrades and improvements
Richard Sellers

Re: 1999 Stardust 10' Tent Trailer in need of OEM parts

Post by Richard Sellers » July 30th, 2020, 5:09 pm

If you are still interested in OEM parts, I just refurbished a 1999 Stardust and possibly could provide some suggestions.

Richard Sellers

davekro

Post by davekro » August 21st, 2019, 10:14 pm

Hello Kubba122,
Is there a reason the main formum is not divied into particular discussion groupings for the different types of vehicles like RV (all classes), 5th Wheels, Bumper pull trailers, Pop Ups?

Thanks for the reply Hello. :o)
Dave

kuba122

Post by kuba122 » August 21st, 2019, 12:49 pm

Welcome to the forum!! I don't have a pop up, so I can't talk about pop up specific question. Finding old vintage parts is hit or miss. Good luck and keep us posted on your project! Hopefully someone will chime in on pop up specific questions and experiences ....
2014 Starcraft AR-One 15RB
2006 Chevrolet Silverado

davekro

1999 Stardust 10' Tent Trailer in need of OEM parts

Post by davekro » August 21st, 2019, 12:39 am

Hello Starcraft community,

I went to look at a '99 Stardust pop up yesterday about 1.5 hours away. He was asking $1500 and had said it was in decent condition for it's age. It was a lot rougher than he described. I shared my hesitation, then stepped away to send my wife some pics and talk to her about it. She saisd she was hesitant to get a 'project trailer'. When I got back with the seller, he said how about $1200. When my wife heard that price she changed her tune. "I'm OK with Dave needing to work on it NOW." :o) As we were lowering it and I was tucking the top roof canvas inward, it was VERY stiff and rigid. Though all thye sides are in good shape ( w/ only a few age stains here and there), that top made me worry I'd like be replacing the whole top and canvas sooner rather than later. Not having a clue what all new canvas would cost, I gulped and decided offer him $1,000 and figure at that price I might not come out too bad if I had to replace it.

After getting home, my wife found http://bearcreekcanvas.com/Content/Pricing.cfm who sells full surround canvas w/ windows, etc. for $1,050. That does not sound 'too' bad. Has anyone used them before? How big a project/ hard to install a new all around canvas? The cost for just the bed cover ends is $750. I'd probably spring for the extar $300 to get all new.

Starcraft OEM parts:
Is this a dead end or are some (maybe more univesal) parts still gettable for 1999 vintage. I'm in the Calif. Bay Area. I called and found a Starcraft dealer in Lodi. Tha parts lady said she has to email Starcarft parts requests and they get back to her in a few days (maybe longer for my vintage).
What have other's experience been with getting either OEM parts from the Starcraft or even used or 'other brand/ universal' parts to spiff up older Pop Ups?

An Important thing I need are parts for the upper door or a complete new upper door w/ frame assy. Am I going to have to create parts my self?

Any tips or experiences to share, I have enthusiastic ears. :o)
Dave