Hybrid Bunk Seals

A place to discuss non-OEM upgrades and improvements
Steve721

Hybrid Bunk Seals

Post by Steve721 » May 30th, 2020, 3:16 pm

Hello all

This is my first post and not really sure if it counts as a mod, but more of a repair. My wife and I bought a gently used 2005 19CK Travelstar last year. Right off, everything was in great shape with no leaks or soft spots in the floor, but just before winter I started to notice a soft area happening near the front. In tracing it down I would notice water coming in from the front bunk. The trailer was covered all winter so it was protected till I could find replacement seals. That was turning out to be harder than expected. I did find the replacement "D" seals everywhere, which were easy to get. My problem was the lover seal for inside the hinge area. No one even listed anything close to it. Well, after about 5 months, I found it. It's not cheap, but is available. I got it from PantherRV Products in Washington state. The part number is, G-7015. It is sold by the foot and if you do either bunk, you will need about 7 feet each. It's actually about 6'9" each but they don't get that technical. If you order it, be careful as there is no return on this item.
The seal I was replacing wasn't ripped, but the metal that is in it wasn't holding it firmly in place any longer. So far, so good, no leaks. Hope this helps someone going through the same type of problem. Sorry I wasn't able to upload pictures.