Clothing storage for 6 week trip?

A place to discuss non-OEM upgrades and improvements
kuba122

Re: Clothing storage for 6 week trip?

Post by kuba122 » December 29th, 2020, 11:38 am

We have bins that go under the benches that easily slide in and out. We keep more clothes in these bins for long trips. We use the space behind the bins for stuff we will need as we go, like extra food and snacks. Maybe kithchen ware that isn’t always needed.

Trailers are great .... except for stowage constraints for longer trips.
2014 Starcraft AR-One 15RB
2006 Chevrolet Silverado

aodonnell220

Clothing storage for 6 week trip?

Post by aodonnell220 » December 27th, 2020, 11:18 pm

Hi! We have an AR 26B and are planning a big road trip next summer. There are closets for myself and my husband, but currently our three kids use the cabinets under the stove for clothes, because we’re typically only in the camper for 2-3 days. For this long trip, we’re going to need that storage for other things . The under bed storage or under bench (dining room) won’t work for my kids to be in and out daily at the ages they’re at. I’d like to set something up to function as a closet in our shower, since all the campsites we’re staying at have bath houses. I thought using a tension rod with hangers and storage would work, but my husband is concerned about the weight. We’re concerned a free standing closet set up would bang around as we drive. We don’t want to do anything permanent. I’d love some ideas! Thanks!!!