Adding front stabilizer jacks to a single axle model?

A place to discuss non-OEM upgrades and improvements
epreed

Re: Adding front stabilizer jacks to a single axle model?

Post by epreed » February 8th, 2022, 5:03 am

Thank you! I appreciate your reply. Great idea on using the rear as a template.

Dscan

Re: Adding front stabilizer jacks to a single axle model?

Post by Dscan » February 5th, 2022, 12:06 am

Hi Epreed

That is definitely something you can do. I installed front stabilizers on my AR-One and they definitely made a difference. The whole trailer was much more stable after the install. You can use the rear ones as a template on where to place the front ones. You will be tying them into the frame not the underbelly. I can post pics of mine or answer any questions. I think I bought mine from Etrailer.
2013 Starcraft AR-ONE 15RB

epreed

Adding front stabilizer jacks to a single axle model?

Post by epreed » January 10th, 2022, 6:35 am

Hi All!

I purchased my single-axle Autumn Ridge 180BHS just a few weeks ago! The gentlemen at the dealership who gave me the walkthrough of the trailer after I purchased the unit recommended installing two additional stabilizers in the front. My 180BHS (and I assume all single-axle Autumn Ridge models) only came with two real stabilizers from factory.

It seems like a simple enough upgrade that I can do myself, but I'm hesitant as I don't want to tear up the underbelly insulation and seal. Has anyone done this? Does it seem necessary? I figure additional stabilization is good, right? But I don't want to damage the integrity of the underbelly either.

Appreciate any insight!