Counter tops

A place to discuss non-OEM upgrades and improvements
Houston Remodeler

Re: Counter tops

Post by Houston Remodeler » March 21st, 2016, 12:30 pm

I'd worry about the corian sagging in the heat (when stored) since it will be unsupported around the edges.
2015 24 RLS with some mods
2014 Ram 2500 diesel

Post by 001 » March 21st, 2016, 2:01 am

I have the solid surface counter for the kitchen, but the table top doesn't match. Has anyone ever got Corian for the table top. Will it hold up to the bed conversion?

Houston Remodeler

Post by Houston Remodeler » December 20th, 2015, 2:54 am

We replaced our vanity with black granite (had a piece laying around) using an undermount sink and a new faucet. Made the top a few inches bigger to fill the gap between the sink and the shower too. Sometime over the holidays I'll add the granite backsplashes to each wall, sealed to the counter with 100% silicone.

After we replace the over head kitchen cabs we'll get around to replacing the kitchen counter with one piece of Neolith and an undermount sink.

This is what happens when you give a travel trailer to a remodeling contractor.
Attachments
new vainty shrunk down.jpg
new vainty shrunk down.jpg (45.07 KiB) Viewed 1179 times
2015 24 RLS with some mods
2014 Ram 2500 diesel

el robo

Counter tops

Post by el robo » December 19th, 2015, 8:07 pm

We bought a new 2016 Launch 24 RLS and have camped in it several times. One of the things we noticed was that the countertops in both the kitchen and bathroom (and the table for that matter) have been done pretty cheaply. If you don't wipe up a moisture spot (water or other) right away, it will leave a stain.

Has anyone done anything to their countertops to provide a more protective surface? I was thinking of using some polyurethane, but wanted to get some feedback before doing anything.