Pocket door to replace curtain?

A place to discuss non-OEM upgrades and improvements
jcarlilesiu

Re: Pocket door to replace curtain?

Post by jcarlilesiu » May 18th, 2016, 5:34 pm

I can't wait to see the pictures.

How will you secure it so that it isn't sliding back and forth banging during transit?
2014 Starcraft 16RB - Camper | 2015 GMC Yukon Denali XL

oldenuftoknowbetter

Post by oldenuftoknowbetter » May 18th, 2016, 3:12 pm

Which trailer do you have?

Mine has a full wall between the bedroom and the rest of the trailer with a curtained door opening (about 24" wide). I was looking at installing a sliding door (1" thk hollow core luann covered) from Lowes using this track setup. I'll mount to roof truss. With trim material (lumber I have laying around) and stain, my cost should be around $60. I'll post pics when I finally fab and install it.
Attachments
pocket door track.JPG
pocket door track.JPG (80.82 KiB) Viewed 2447 times
2013 Ford F-150 Supercrew 5.0L w/factory tow package
2016 Starcraft Launch UltraLite 26BHS w/ Reese WDH

skippy2

Post by skippy2 » May 15th, 2016, 8:40 pm

Hi

This is our next and final project. Honestly we just love love love our travel trailer. There were just a few things in the master we decided we could not live with and they were clonking our heads getting into and out of the bed (low placed shelf by manufactor) We just moved our over head bed shelf UP and we chopped off several inches of the side wardrobes while we were at it.

about the curtain wall/door.
Our goal is to move that wall where the curtain is. This is not must have, not like the previous modification above. My husband will move the entire 1/2 wall, forward 2 1/2 inches to line UP with the white decorative strip that covers the ceiling joint. Husband could move it even more forward beyond that strip but we opted not too.

Yesterday we looked at Home Depot at a folding accordion door and thought "yuck". But he/we wanted to rule it out. Husband has opted to make a door himself, the demission of the opening will not support a pe cut door. He just said it is a 52" rough opening (what ever that means).

He said he is going to use 1 by 2 for the door frame. Veneer on 2 sides.

I look forward to finding out whether or not other owners have modified the same area.

Skippy2

oldenuftoknowbetter

Pocket door to replace curtain?

Post by oldenuftoknowbetter » May 11th, 2016, 7:03 pm

Has anyone replaced the bedroom curtain with a pocket door or door of any kind?
2013 Ford F-150 Supercrew 5.0L w/factory tow package
2016 Starcraft Launch UltraLite 26BHS w/ Reese WDH