Spam has gotten really BAD!!

Information related to this site, including suggestions
Administrator
Site Admin

Re: Spam has gotten really BAD!!

Post by Administrator » November 9th, 2016, 12:59 am

This is essentially a test of some .htaccess (spam firewall) work that was done .... still trying to control spam, better. Everyday, it gets just a little better ....

mcmahonm

Post by mcmahonm » October 26th, 2016, 12:32 am

John,

Spam is ongoing battle, you hope to win more days than you don't. Thanks for the hard work.
2013 Chevy Silverado Z71 & 2012 Autumn Ridge 278BH
http://files.michaelmcmahon.org/VisitedStatesMap.jpg

Administrator
Site Admin

Problem Solved, I think.

Post by Administrator » October 23rd, 2016, 4:04 pm

I am really, really happy with the progress. I apologize to any members that were imposed on by all of the work in this forum over the past week or so .... thousands of spam members were deleted (and maybe a few non-spam members) I have personally reviewed the profiles and links for every member in the system and deleted anyone that had a spam link tied to their profile. I'll do some further review and deleting if the problem comes back. I made some other changes to the spam fighting systems and have taken 20 registrations per day down to 0 in 36 hours. When the humans figure out what I have done and feed the info to their robots, I'll change it again ....

The one thing that got totally away from me is the pictures during the move. I'm so sorry some of that stuff disappeared. I thank everyone for bearing with me while we worked to get it all done.

Now, I'll start marketing a little more to find some new members to join us.

Thanks Again!!

John

Administrator
Site Admin

Wow ...

Post by Administrator » October 20th, 2016, 2:06 am

Just got back after a week away and cleaned up 4 or 5 little problems. AND we had a new member post something of substance!! Life is good .... and it appears to me everything is working. The best part is that the spam is more under control.

Administrator
Site Admin

Post by Administrator » October 11th, 2016, 4:35 pm

Not much happened at all since last night .... I'm going to be away from the keyboard for a few days. Headed out to North Carolina in the morning. I'll check in when we arrive, there. I like what I see, so far!! Well, except the part of the board being so quiet ....

kuba122

Post by kuba122 » October 11th, 2016, 2:03 am

Only 6 New since this morning .... Made some more changes to the ban lists. Hopefully this is better controlled ..... we'll see in the morning!!
2014 Starcraft AR-One 15RB
2006 Chevrolet Silverado

Administrator
Site Admin

Spam has gotten really BAD!!

Post by Administrator » October 10th, 2016, 12:08 pm

I just deleted over 3000 members from the database with .ru email addresses and have disallowed them to register in the first place. There is more work to do .... hopefully, very soon the spamming will be controllable. This is a major step in the right direction. If you all see any problems with the boards, please pm me and let me know. Thank you so much!!

John