Is anyone here?

Information related to this site, including suggestions
secal48

Re: Is anyone here?

Post by secal48 » July 12th, 2016, 4:06 am

The ratio is probably low. But what we really need are more participants. More posting to attract more lurking and more people to click the links and help make the site self supporting. If we all look, post and click together we can keep this forum alive.
2017 Launch 24RLS
2012 Dodge Durango

Houston Remodeler

Post by Houston Remodeler » July 12th, 2016, 3:54 am

What is the lurker to poster ratio for the average RV site ? I would think on the order of 10 to 1 or so .....
2015 24 RLS with some mods
2014 Ram 2500 diesel

Zyriah

Post by Zyriah » July 11th, 2016, 7:18 pm

I agree that it would be good to keep this open. We had a Forest River camper before and were on their forum a lot. It's a great way to find information, especially about modifications that have worked for folks. Hopefully, it will be picked up by someone.

skippy2

Post by skippy2 » July 11th, 2016, 7:16 pm

I am here and I too enjoy this site. Thankfully it was here when we did a Mod in our bedroom

Right now we could use some help because in our bedroom the AC is hardly coming out of our 1 vent in the ceiling. OF course in the Kitchen/living room area center of the camper and bathroom worked fine.

That was NOT ok during this weekends trip in the far south near Charleston SC with high humidity. :oops:

Lets hope the site stays UP.

hlp

Post by hlp » July 11th, 2016, 3:16 pm

It would be good if it would stay open, I visit a couple of times a week, I very seldom post anything but I do enjoy reading all of the post by others. I like the fact that it is a StarCraft forum since my TT is a StarCraft.
2014 Ram 2500 6.7
2016 StarCraft Launch 26RLS

HiHo6570

Post by HiHo6570 » July 8th, 2016, 6:19 pm

secal48 wrote:Hi everyone.
A couple of weeks ago the owner of this forum announced his leaving and offered to sell the forum. Among others (I assume) I am interested in keeping the forum alive. The asking price is reasonable, but I'm concerned about whether there's enough interest to keep this alive. As I scroll through the different categories I don't see many recent posts. It's been a couple of weeks or longer for almost all of them. Does this mean there's interest but no new comments, or just no visitors? Visiting and clicking on the ad links every now and then is how to keep this alive. Is there enough interest to warrant it?
I think this is an excellent site, and worth keeping. Having said that, I am not a huge poster, but have recently become more active on the site.
I recently posted a question and received valuable feedback, so the site is active, maybe not as active compared to other forums, but still, in my view, its a worthwhile site.

You bring up an excellent point though about clicking on the ad links; will make sure I click on one or two each time I stop by the forum.
2014 Starcraft Autumn Ridge 289BHS
2010 F-150 Crew Cab

rbrent

Post by rbrent » July 8th, 2016, 1:16 am

I've visited at-least 3 times a week but with no new posts to talk about! I don't understand why!
Bob and Margaret
2015 Launch Ultra Light 24RLS
2016 Chevrolet 1500 Double Cab
Westland, Michigan

secal48

Is anyone here?

Post by secal48 » July 7th, 2016, 2:31 am

Hi everyone.
A couple of weeks ago the owner of this forum announced his leaving and offered to sell the forum. Among others (I assume) I am interested in keeping the forum alive. The asking price is reasonable, but I'm concerned about whether there's enough interest to keep this alive. As I scroll through the different categories I don't see many recent posts. It's been a couple of weeks or longer for almost all of them. Does this mean there's interest but no new comments, or just no visitors? Visiting and clicking on the ad links every now and then is how to keep this alive. Is there enough interest to warrant it?
2017 Launch 24RLS
2012 Dodge Durango