Dollywood - Which campsite in the area is best?

Conversations about camping locations in the Southeast. (AK, LA, MS, TN, AL, GA, KY, WV, VA, NC, SC, FL)
ARONEMAXX17

Re: Dollywood - Which campsite in the area is best?

Post by ARONEMAXX17 » February 22nd, 2018, 7:15 pm

Well I'm from this area and I've stayed at Clabough campground. It's a little off the main drag but good rates. We are going in a couple weeks to Riveredge RV park to stay for spring break. Heres the links you could also try KOA in pigeon forge or Gatlinburg. Cosby is nice too but it's a 30-45min drive to Pigeon Forge or Gatlinburg.
[url]http://claboughcampground.com[url]
[url]https://www.stayriveredge.com[url]

RoyBraddy

Post by RoyBraddy » January 5th, 2018, 3:12 pm

We have visited the Smoky Natl Park alot over the years and like to stay inside the Natl Park. ELKMONT CAMP is where we stay... We are not a big fan of crowded places and crazy driving through the towns... Elkmont Camp has lots of tree cover and close to Gatlinburg or Pigeon Forge. ELKMONT has a trolly service to Gatlinburg twice a day I think it is... We always shop for groceries and supplies at TOWNSEND when staying at ELKMONT.

The Crowd is pretty big on both sides of the Gatlinburg strip and it is all walking up and down both sides of the main street there visiting the shops... Pigeon Forge is more spread out and you can for the most part drive to the stores and shop and park outside. Love going to the COLEMAN CAMP Store in Pigeon Forge and see what is new...

When we get the urge to stay in town close to all of the goings on things we like to use the RIVEREDGE resort just as you enter Pigeon Forge from the Gatlinburg side. A very nice camp ground with hookups. The Rest room bldg is a super nice thing. Also has a Trolly stop on the site. Dollywood entrance is just a couple of blocks away... Easy drive from here to all the shops and stores in the whole area...

There are lots of camp grounds all over the area including cabins etc... Driving is heavy in the area.. Lots of cars going all the time - bumper to bumper.

Both towns have special event going as well. It even gets more crowed during these time. Lots of antique cars going up and down the strips on weekends... Got to stay away in the June time frame when the FIRE FLIES are mating inside the Natl park. This area is the only area in the US I think it is that fire flies flash at the same time. Quite a sight to see. Have seen it a couple of times over the years... Check the dates out online for Synchronous fireflies viewing.

The Gatlinburg area is high on our visit list...

OOPS NOTE - I answered an older post - you probably have gone already and seen everything by now hehe...

Roy Ken
Posts are IMHO based on experiences - PM me
CAPS does not mean I am SHOUTING
Roy and Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN

uct

Post by uct » August 24th, 2017, 10:05 pm

Douglas dam tailwater quiet and clean. Close to Sevierville and main drag. No sewer
Gary and Karla Beagles Maddux and Smoltz
2013 f 150 5.0 crew tow package
2016 24 rls

oldenuftoknowbetter

Dollywood - Which campsite in the area is best?

Post by oldenuftoknowbetter » April 17th, 2017, 12:49 pm

Tentatively planning a trip to Dollywood. Anyone have suggestions for preferred campsite in the area?
2013 Ford F-150 Supercrew 5.0L w/factory tow package
2016 Starcraft Launch UltraLite 26BHS w/ Reese WDH