Cloudland canon

Conversations about camping locations in the Southeast. (AK, LA, MS, TN, AL, GA, KY, WV, VA, NC, SC, FL)
RoyBraddy

Re: Cloudland canon

Post by RoyBraddy » May 7th, 2018, 2:54 am

Its been a coupe of years since we have been there - was making work trips back and forth from here in Virginia and Montgomery ALA where I was pulling my POPUP on the trips. This was a favorite stop there coming and going haha... Definitely need to go back and get a new CLOUDLAND Canyon Ball Cap hehe...

We are also big fans of camping in the Smoky mtns at ELKMONT camp in the Gatlinburg TN Area. Seems like no mater where we camp that all roads go through Gatlinburg TN hehe...

We like hanging out on the big rocks over looking the canyon below Cloudland Canyon not to far from the West Rim camp... They had stories there that some folks have slipped and fell into the canyon... Geesch...

Have also camped on the Lookout Mtn at Fort Payne down the I59 road in ALA. Desoto State Park which is much like Cloudland Canyon.. This camp had some great primitive camping in a couple of spots which we liked. Now they have upgraded the camp grounds for the big motor homes at Desoto...

Glad you all enjoyed your stay at Cloudland Canyon...

Roy Ken
Posts are IMHO based on experiences - PM me
CAPS does not mean I am SHOUTING
Roy and Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN

uct

Post by uct » May 7th, 2018, 1:20 am

Thanks for the info. We had a great time,other than the pollen.We also liked the West rim.
Gary and Karla Beagles Maddux and Smoltz
2013 f 150 5.0 crew tow package
2016 24 rls

RoyBraddy

Post by RoyBraddy » May 6th, 2018, 11:48 pm

We personally like the WEST RIM Electric sites... Most of them have a rail fence around them which is neat...

CLOUDLAND supports locked gates at night so get their before they close haha...

You can look from the one rim to campers on the other rim... Kinda neat. The Canyon itself is situated between the two rims... Have to follow a trail down to see it...

This is our setup on one visit there on the West Rim side...

Really pretty around in the fall with beautiful fall colors everytwhere

Not alot of grocery items in the camp store but you can go down the 136 road to a well stocked grocery store...

If you are arriving from I59 side at Trenton the road up to the top has a couple of real sharp bends in it but we didn't have any problems with the curves...

We really like Cloudland Canyon and keep coming back... Nice folks there as well...

OOPS - I just noticed your post date... You may have visited the camp ground already hehe...
Roy Ken
Posts are IMHO based on experiences - PM me
CAPS does not mean I am SHOUTING
Roy and Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN

uct

Cloudland canon

Post by uct » April 30th, 2018, 11:03 am

Headed there this week. Any site recommendations. Thanks
Gary and Karla Beagles Maddux and Smoltz
2013 f 150 5.0 crew tow package
2016 24 rls