Introductions

Stop in here, first and introduce yourself or learn about the rest of us!
4x4Pete

Re: Introductions

Post by 4x4Pete » May 31st, 2018, 1:17 am

Hi everybody!! We purchased a 289bhs last spring and enjoyed it throughout last summer. We tent camped for many years with our kids. The tenting lost its fun for me ( set up,tear down, re set up at home to dry etc...) so I suggested a travel trailer. We shopped for a couple momths and initally found and liked the layout of the 289bhs but since we didn't know what else was out there we searched thruogh many dealers, shows and classified ads. Ended up full circle back to the first trailer we checked out. We bought it new and thankfully we haven't had any issues with it whatsoever. Camping fun has returned with a vengence and the anticipation of this season is exciting to say the least. This forum seems to have a lot of helpful people and I hope to help out where I can. Happy trails,
Pete and Kathy

matthewcreath

Post by matthewcreath » April 30th, 2018, 2:26 pm

My mom and dad just purchased a 2017 Starcraft Satellite 18DS and are preparing to take it out this summer! We love the layout and size. Perfect!

Anyone have any tips for the satellite? Anyone use a solar panel with it? How has it worked for you?

ekbtrekon

Post by ekbtrekon » February 25th, 2018, 7:08 pm

Hi
Wife and I just picked up our Satellite 16KS this weekend.
Have tent and leanto camped for many years, now hoping to camp with a little luxury, (off the ground and with a bathroom).
Any other Satellite owners?
Kevin & Ellen
Northeast

flatflyer

Post by flatflyer » January 24th, 2018, 11:10 pm

Just bought a used 2015 used Starcraft Comet H1232 A frame camper. Did a lot of tent camping and felt a need to get off the ground. I'm pulling it with Dodge Grand Caravan seems OK so far. Haven't been camping with it yet, weather needs to get a little better to do a shake down. Hope to get out soon.

GaryG

Post by GaryG » December 28th, 2017, 5:05 pm

caseys186 wrote:
August 13th, 2017, 11:28 pm
Hi,
Relatively new to RVing. We just upgraded to the 27BHU, mostly because of room. I am really looking forward to learning on this and other RV forums. Does anyone have any suggestions for other good RV forums? (I am really not trying to steer people away from this forum!)
Thanks in advance.
Welcome to the forum. I am also a member of iRV2 forum. I'm not sure if it has a special group for Starcraft owners or not, but even so, lots of good sharing of ideas and upgrades.
2016 Starcraft 26 BHS Launch Ultra Lite - Gary from Boise, Idaho

GaryG

Post by GaryG » December 28th, 2017, 5:03 pm

Army 1SG (Retired) wrote:
December 23rd, 2017, 12:46 am
Hello everyone. I've had my 2013 StarCraft Travel Star 294 RESA since she was new. This is my second Travel Trailer, but the only one we have gone camping in. Our 1st TT was a used 26' Forest River Rockwood Ultralight. Never made it to the campground with that one because we added new carpet, new bed, futon, table and chairs, tires and a thorough cleaning...getting ready for our maiden voyage and the slider floor separated from the slider wall. After multiple trips to the dealer and postponed camping trips we finally got the trailer repaired. We went in to Camping World to get some supplies for our trip and ended up leaving with our StarCraft. We love it....love the floor plan, and love the family memories that are made each time we take her out. Thanks for letting me be part of your forum and I look forward to chatting with you all. IMG_2203.JPG
Welcome to the Starcraft forum. It's a great place to share ideas and to learn more about the Starcraft product. I wanted to say thank you for your military service. I know freedom is not free!
My oldest son just retired E-8 Army special forces (weapons/intelligence) Green beret. He was in group 3. He is enjoying being back in the States with his family and a 'normal' life again. I trust you are doing the same. God bless you.

GaryG

Post by GaryG » December 28th, 2017, 4:56 pm

We bought a 2016 same model a year ago and love it. The floorplan is unique and everyone that sees it says what an unusual and awesome floor plan. I have done a few things (upgrades) and continue to tinker with it. I guess it's one of my hobbies.

I hope you love it and have a great time camping in it. Welcome to the forum.

Army 1SG (Retired)

Post by Army 1SG (Retired) » December 23rd, 2017, 12:46 am

Hello everyone. I've had my 2013 StarCraft Travel Star 294 RESA since she was new. This is my second Travel Trailer, but the only one we have gone camping in. Our 1st TT was a used 26' Forest River Rockwood Ultralight. Never made it to the campground with that one because we added new carpet, new bed, futon, table and chairs, tires and a thorough cleaning...getting ready for our maiden voyage and the slider floor separated from the slider wall. After multiple trips to the dealer and postponed camping trips we finally got the trailer repaired. We went in to Camping World to get some supplies for our trip and ended up leaving with our StarCraft. We love it....love the floor plan, and love the family memories that are made each time we take her out. Thanks for letting me be part of your forum and I look forward to chatting with you all.
IMG_2203.JPG
IMG_2203.JPG (443.75 KiB) Viewed 45943 times
US' Army Retired...but still serving the Soldiers.

Tow Vehicle: '04 Ford Excursion, 6.0 Powerstroke Turbo Diesel
Home on Wheels: '13 StarCraft Travel Star 294 RESA

caseys186

Post by caseys186 » August 13th, 2017, 11:28 pm

Hi,
Relatively new to RVing. We just upgraded to the 27BHU, mostly because of room. I am really looking forward to learning on this and other RV forums. Does anyone have any suggestions for other good RV forums? (I am really not trying to steer people away from this forum!)
Thanks in advance.
The Zeiglers
2018 StarCraft Launch 27 BHU
2013 Lincoln Navigator "L", 5.4 V8,towing pkg. 3.73 axle ratio

Hotrock59

Post by Hotrock59 » August 7th, 2017, 12:46 pm

Hi we just purchased a 2018 Satellite 16KS. We pick her up on Friday. I'll have pictures after that. Hope to make a maiden voyage that weekend but as we have another camper for sale we may have to stay home to show it. :D We live in Western North Carolina near Asheville and are surrounded by beautiful places to camp close to home. Anyone else have a Satellite?
2017 Honda Ridgeline and 2018 Starcraft Satellite 16KS