Stop in here, first and introduce yourself or learn about the rest of us!
GaryG

Re: Welcome new member

Post by GaryG » April 17th, 2017, 11:08 pm

Welcome Jented. Yes there are tons of things to learn if this is your first RV. It's all fun and good if you have a little patience and enjoy learning new things. Hope you enjoy this forum. I have found it so helpful and informative. I have learned so much by just simply asking the forum members questions. I'm sure you will the same.
2016 Starcraft 26 BHS Launch Ultra Lite - Gary from Boise, Idaho

oldenuftoknowbetter

Re: new member

Post by oldenuftoknowbetter » April 17th, 2017, 12:21 pm

jented,

When you connect to city water, you bypass the fresh water tank.

There should be a fresh water fill point on the outside of your trailer to fill the tank as well as a connection point for city water.

When you run a hose from the city water faucet to your trailer city water connection, you should include a water filter and water pressure regulator in line. The regulator prevents over pressure in the trailer water lines that could result in failure of the lines (water leak). You leave the city water on.

Congrats and good luck with your new trailer!
2013 Ford F-150 Supercrew 5.0L w/factory tow package
2016 Starcraft Launch UltraLite 26BHS w/ Reese WDH

jented

Post by jented » April 15th, 2017, 7:18 pm

Hello, I am a new member, jented. I just bought a used 2011Starcraft travelstar 285RLSA. It was only used a few times in Ca. I am trying to learn how to use everything before we make a trial run. This is our first trailer, so there is a lot to learn. I do have a question though. When we hook up the hose for city water does it fill the fresh water tank without overflowing. Do we leave it on or shut it off until the fresh water tank gets low again. Thanks, jented