Hi From Lynn - 2002 Chevy 1500 w/ Starcraft features

Stop in here, first and introduce yourself or learn about the rest of us!
Lynn

Hi From Lynn - 2002 Chevy 1500 w/ Starcraft features

Post by Lynn » July 8th, 2018, 2:53 pm

Hello!
I bought my 2002 Chevy conversion van w/ optional Starcraft rv features last month & am getting ready for my 1st trip. I will be a female traveling alone, full time, to get away from it all, see things I've never seen, meet people I've never met, learn things I never knew, & with any luck, locate people who are awesome.

I would like my 1st trip to be a dry run this month from Florida, where I am now, to St.Louis to see my daughter, New York to see family, & back again. I am making no changes to the van yet. The 3,200-mile dry run should tell me what I want & where to put it.

I have a few questions for experienced vandwellers. I guess 1st of all, is it your opinion that the dry run sounds like a good idea? Is it too far?

What about the record heat we are having? I'll be in high humidity, well over 40% at all times & am having trouble figuring out how to stay cool in my nights between friends & relatives' homes. Suggestions?

Also, a STARCRAFT-specific question: my van has the 115v vac plug. It also says 150v under it. Does that mean I can use it to run, say a fan or appliance, of up to 120v? Where does that leave me regarding wattage? I can't afford a 2nd battery until September. Will I drain my battery leaving a fan plugged in overnight, etc.?

Any advice is SO appreciated.

I am looking forward to getting to know some of you. Thank you for having me.
Regards,
Lynn