I have an AR-1 15RB, and some questions!

Stop in here, first and introduce yourself or learn about the rest of us!
kuba122

Re: I have an AR-1 15RB, and some questions!

Post by kuba122 » September 2nd, 2018, 11:23 pm

It's really hard to answer all of these questions. Bulbs are probably the same type I have on my 2014, but, no guarantees. It is easiest to match them by removing one from your rig.

Fridge on propane .... the fridge, alone will run for a long long time. It uses very little propane. How often you cook and use the furnace will dictate how long your propane will last.

Solar is probably the easiest of the questions to at least take a stab at. I would, persoanally, get at least 100 Watts. I changed everything except the microwave and AC over to 12V operation and LED lighting. Still, in a few hours of TV time and lights you will use at least 150 to 200 watts. Size you solar assuming you will have daily shade, and, or cloudy days that will decrease the amount of charging you are able to get in each day. I used 100 watts successfully for weeks at a time without hookups .....
2014 Starcraft AR-One 15RB
2006 Chevrolet Silverado

klunkee

I have an AR-1 15RB, and some questions!

Post by klunkee » August 23rd, 2018, 1:23 pm

Hi! I have some questions about our camper.

My husband and I originally bought this 2011 AR-1 15RB we call "Dolores" to keep at our property, back in March, but we decided that was a boring life for her. So, we're about to embark on our first adventure.

I am looking for info on what kind of solar panel system we'd need to purchase to charge the batteries enough for dry camping. Not to power ac, just lights, and maybe charge phones, and bluetooth speaker.

I am also wanting to find out how long the fridge will operate on propane, with and without stove use.

Also, if anyone can tell me how to change the light bulbs to led bulbs, that would be amazing. There's literally nothing in the owners manual about what kind of bulb the light fixtures require, just that you shouldn't touch the bulbs while replacing them. I don't have access to the camper (still at our property), but I wanted to get the bulbs on amazon before the trip so we can change them when we get there.

Thanks!