Introductions

Stop in here, first and introduce yourself or learn about the rest of us!
jcarlilesiu

Re: Introductions

Post by jcarlilesiu » June 23rd, 2015, 1:14 am

Welcome to the forum!

The forum was created at the beginning of March, so its still a relatively new forum.

Keep checking back and help us build traffic!
2014 Starcraft 16RB - Camper | 2015 GMC Yukon Denali XL

rbrent

Post by rbrent » June 23rd, 2015, 1:09 am

jonnybean wrote:We are (new to us) 2012 StarCraft Autumn Ridge 235RB owners. Was happy to find this forum but disappointed not many seem to frequent it. We have camped since early 1970's starting with an old Army tent, "progressing" to a wood box type pickup camper, another pickup camper, 14' pull type trailer, 20' Aristocrat with a porta potty (really came up in the world that time) and then onto a 24' and eventually a 33' King of the Road. Went for several years without a camper as we neared retirement and made the leap to a 34 ft DVR Mobile Suite. That was such a beautiful rig, miss it but decided it was a bit more than we needed when we decided to purchase a home again and now have the StarCraft. So far we are very happy with it. It had never been used. Older couple purchased it, parked it at a storage unit and then one of them took ill so never got to camp in it. Still smells and looks brand new. Everything seems to work great. We are in the process of getting it set up to go....cannot wait to go later this week. Will make some short trips the first couple of times in case we run into any problems. Love reading about everyone's rig and where they like to camp.
Bonnie & Gary and Baxter the rescue dog !
:) 8-)

welcome jonnybean! Enjoy your new camper :D
Bob and Margaret
2015 Launch Ultra Light 24RLS
2016 Chevrolet 1500 Double Cab
Westland, Michigan

jonnybean

Post by jonnybean » June 22nd, 2015, 10:00 pm

We are (new to us) 2012 StarCraft Autumn Ridge 235RB owners. Was happy to find this forum but disappointed not many seem to frequent it. We have camped since early 1970's starting with an old Army tent, "progressing" to a wood box type pickup camper, another pickup camper, 14' pull type trailer, 20' Aristocrat with a porta potty (really came up in the world that time) and then onto a 24' and eventually a 33' King of the Road. Went for several years without a camper as we neared retirement and made the leap to a 34 ft DVR Mobile Suite. That was such a beautiful rig, miss it but decided it was a bit more than we needed when we decided to purchase a home again and now have the StarCraft. So far we are very happy with it. It had never been used. Older couple purchased it, parked it at a storage unit and then one of them took ill so never got to camp in it. Still smells and looks brand new. Everything seems to work great. We are in the process of getting it set up to go....cannot wait to go later this week. Will make some short trips the first couple of times in case we run into any problems. Love reading about everyone's rig and where they like to camp.
Bonnie & Gary and Baxter the rescue dog !
:) 8-)

mcmahonm

Post by mcmahonm » May 31st, 2015, 12:16 pm

Lenny, Welcome to the group. We all get to live the learning to backup. You will get the hang of it, just takes practice.
2013 Chevy Silverado Z71 & 2012 Autumn Ridge 278BH
http://files.michaelmcmahon.org/VisitedStatesMap.jpg

lenny336

Post by lenny336 » May 31st, 2015, 11:58 am

Hi everyone. My name is Lenny. I am a retired computer geek from Clemmons NC. I own a new StarCraft Autumn Ridge. This is my first camper. So if you are in a park and you see me trying to back this thing into a site and are laughing please come and HELP!

uct

Post by uct » May 31st, 2015, 11:19 am

Hi to all. We are located in extreme n. Georgia near TN and NC. Wife and I, 2 spoiled beagles, and a brand new 24 rls we picked up yesterday. Both of us have been camping our whole lives. Tents, popups. small class c, back to popup, small TT and now our new starcraft. We have camped in Ga,Nc,Ky,Tn, Fl, Sc and Mo. We love COE parks and will be going to our first KOA soon.I joined this forum before we purchased and had some questions that we answered.Thanks to all
Gary and Karla Beagles Maddux and Smoltz
2013 f 150 5.0 crew tow package
2016 24 rls

eriecamper

Post by eriecamper » May 7th, 2015, 1:39 pm

Thanks CDN.

I am lucky enough to live 10 minutes from Preque Isle. Great place, but we are probably a little spoiled being so close and don't take advantage of it near enough.
2015 Starcraft AR-One Maxx 27BHS
2007 Silverado 6.0L

CDNfyrfytr

Introductions

Post by CDNfyrfytr » May 6th, 2015, 12:45 am

Welcome from Niagara Falls,Canada eriecamper! We've camped at the Erie KOA in McKean for a few yews now. We really enjoy the Presque Isle state park in Erie.

Not a lot of traffic here yet, but some good info though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mcmahonm

Post by mcmahonm » May 5th, 2015, 10:30 pm

Welcome, would love to hear about your seasonal site experience. I thinking about trying it for a season to see if we like it.
2013 Chevy Silverado Z71 & 2012 Autumn Ridge 278BH
http://files.michaelmcmahon.org/VisitedStatesMap.jpg

eriecamper

Post by eriecamper » May 5th, 2015, 1:53 pm

Hi.

Newbie here from NW PA. Just picked our AR-One MAxx 27BHS up this past Saturday. Love the floor plan and can't wait for the weekend. We traded a Roo 23SS as we are trying a seasonal site and weren't sure the hybrid was the best option for that. Plus the wife and daughter weren't really into the hybrid by the end of last season. Anyway, love the room and the storage.

Hope to see some more traffic on the board soon and see what I can learn.
2015 Starcraft AR-One Maxx 27BHS
2007 Silverado 6.0L