Introductions

Stop in here, first and introduce yourself or learn about the rest of us!
jcarlilesiu

Re: Introductions

Post by jcarlilesiu » February 13th, 2015, 5:40 pm

max2bob wrote:hello, I joined a little while ago and neglected the introduction part. I have been camping since I was 6 months old. my dad heated my bottles over the campfire!! that did not last to long though as he invested in a coleman stove. I live in Bozeman Montana( yes, just above Yellowstone park) and work as a mechanic. we have a few tents , a 2013 jayco eagle 257rbs and a 2015 starcrat ar-one extreme 14rb. I collect coleman lanterns and stoves and also have a little collection of old dietz lanterns. our latest coleman stove is their new 3 burner propane with the griddle. burner controls are a little touchy but nice stove otherwise. we always cook outside. we kayak and bike ride and hike.
I did work in Yellowstone for over 10 years and loved every minute of it. we usually get down there a few times a year. for this year I just finished the reservations for glacier national park. that is a beautiful park for anyone interested in going there. nice shuttle system also and nice lakes to kayak on. looking forward to the summer season and a lot of camping.
Great to have you around. We just got 3 foster children ages 3, 5, and 6.

You are encouraging me that camping may still be possible.

max2bob

Post by max2bob » February 13th, 2015, 1:30 pm

hello, I joined a little while ago and neglected the introduction part. I have been camping since I was 6 months old. my dad heated my bottles over the campfire!! that did not last to long though as he invested in a coleman stove. I live in Bozeman Montana( yes, just above Yellowstone park) and work as a mechanic. we have a few tents , a 2013 jayco eagle 257rbs and a 2015 starcrat ar-one extreme 14rb. I collect coleman lanterns and stoves and also have a little collection of old dietz lanterns. our latest coleman stove is their new 3 burner propane with the griddle. burner controls are a little touchy but nice stove otherwise. we always cook outside. we kayak and bike ride and hike.
I did work in Yellowstone for over 10 years and loved every minute of it. we usually get down there a few times a year. for this year I just finished the reservations for glacier national park. that is a beautiful park for anyone interested in going there. nice shuttle system also and nice lakes to kayak on. looking forward to the summer season and a lot of camping.
2000 dodge 2500, 2015 starcraft 14rb ar-one, 2013 jayco eagle 257rbs

DrAmy

Post by DrAmy » February 9th, 2015, 3:55 am

Thanks!
Amy DeCamp
President - OH Starcraft Camper Club #36

jcarlilesiu

Post by jcarlilesiu » February 9th, 2015, 3:51 am

DrAmy wrote:Hello, everyone!

I am Amy, lifetime camper from OH. My whole career has been in criminal justice/law, until I became a "professional camper" nearly 5 years ago. I now sell RV's all over the world (for the family-owned company I bought both my units from), and am in my 7th year as president of the OH Starcraft Camper Club. We have chapters of the club all over the US and Canada, and are one BIG happy Starcraft family!!

I own both an '04 Starcraft Travel Star 21SSO hybrid and '08 Jayco Greyhawk Class C, which is adorned with official Starcraft logos and stars. ;)

We'd love to have you join our camping family, so feel free to contact me for additional information (no matter what state/country you are in). Spring will be here soon...Let's Go Camping!!
Welcome to the forum Amy!
2014 Starcraft 16RB - Camper | 2015 GMC Yukon Denali XL

DrAmy

Post by DrAmy » February 9th, 2015, 3:06 am

Hello, everyone!

I am Amy, lifetime camper from OH. My whole career has been in criminal justice/law, until I became a "professional camper" nearly 5 years ago. I now sell RV's all over the world (for the family-owned company I bought both my units from), and am in my 7th year as president of the OH Starcraft Camper Club. We have chapters of the club all over the US and Canada, and are one BIG happy Starcraft family!!

I own both an '04 Starcraft Travel Star 21SSO hybrid and '08 Jayco Greyhawk Class C, which is adorned with official Starcraft logos and stars. ;)

We'd love to have you join our camping family, so feel free to contact me for additional information (no matter what state/country you are in). Spring will be here soon...Let's Go Camping!!
Amy DeCamp
President - OH Starcraft Camper Club #36

jcarlilesiu

Post by jcarlilesiu » February 4th, 2015, 2:49 pm

Welcome RickM! We got the same snow storm.

Up until that, it had been a pretty mild winter.

Thanks for joining the forum, and I look forward to talking with you more with all of your experience.

mick

Post by mick » February 4th, 2015, 2:39 pm

Rickm wrote:Gee, for some reason I never saw this introduction post ..... guess maybe I went to the Ar-One posts right away!
So, in saying that, i'm from, wait, we're from Windsor, Ontario , no wait, that's snowy Windsor, Ontario , as we got a foot of snow on Superbowl Sunday, and expecting 2 to 3 more inches tonite..... the good thing is, Wiarton Willie saw his shadow, so only six more weeks of this crap! Have been camping since I was a kid. My parents enjoyed camping in Michigan (Boyne City), so for many years, that's where we camped. When my family came along, I purchased my first pop-up, a beautiful used 8' Starflyer way back in '96 or 97. Well, that was the beginning of many Jayco/StarCraft purchases....most for my use, some I purchased in Michigan, brought them back to Ontario and sold them ..... had intentions of starting a pop-up rental business on the side, but they were so easy to sell and make some money, I couldn't resist. Went from an 8' pop-up, all the way up to a 32' Jayco Qwest TT, and back to our 15 'AR-one Hybrid, with many sizes and configurations in between. If you have read any of my posts on here , I am loyal to Jayco/StarCraft, and enjoy talking about them, so this site is a welcome addition. I had a Jayco Hybrid site a while back, but les and less posts appreared, and I think everyone pretty well moved on. Discussing your trailer, your camping experiences is a good way to keep things going over the long winter months. We enjoy camping here in Ontario .... some may believe the fees are high at are Ontario Parks, and yes, they probably are compred to others, but the thing I do tip my hat to the Ontario Parks system, they don't cram a bunch of sites together, they make sure their parks are as close to natural as possible.... I enjoy that the most, I hate "subdivision" camping. So, that's us, my wife and I ( as kids are too cool to camp with their parents now, like we were all at one time or other, but we always come back), we love being outdoors, and theres no better way, than in a StarCraft/Jayco pop-up, Hybrid, travel trailer, fifth wheel or motor home!
Hi Rick! Thanks for the great introduction.

Glad to have somebody with a lot of experience here on the site. Sounds like you have been camping for a while and can offer a lot to the community.

I am glad for this site too as I felt there was no where specificlally for starcraft owners on the web.

These cold winter months are tough when I want to be working on my camper and of course being out camping. This forum keeps things fresh and exciting while we all wait for old man winter to move on out.

Anyway, welcome to the forum!

Rickm

Post by Rickm » February 4th, 2015, 1:57 am

Gee, for some reason I never saw this introduction post ..... guess maybe I went to the Ar-One posts right away!
So, in saying that, i'm from, wait, we're from Windsor, Ontario , no wait, that's snowy Windsor, Ontario , as we got a foot of snow on Superbowl Sunday, and expecting 2 to 3 more inches tonite..... the good thing is, Wiarton Willie saw his shadow, so only six more weeks of this crap! Have been camping since I was a kid. My parents enjoyed camping in Michigan (Boyne City), so for many years, that's where we camped. When my family came along, I purchased my first pop-up, a beautiful used 8' Starflyer way back in '96 or 97. Well, that was the beginning of many Jayco/StarCraft purchases....most for my use, some I purchased in Michigan, brought them back to Ontario and sold them ..... had intentions of starting a pop-up rental business on the side, but they were so easy to sell and make some money, I couldn't resist. Went from an 8' pop-up, all the way up to a 32' Jayco Qwest TT, and back to our 15 'AR-one Hybrid, with many sizes and configurations in between. If you have read any of my posts on here , I am loyal to Jayco/StarCraft, and enjoy talking about them, so this site is a welcome addition. I had a Jayco Hybrid site a while back, but les and less posts appreared, and I think everyone pretty well moved on. Discussing your trailer, your camping experiences is a good way to keep things going over the long winter months. We enjoy camping here in Ontario .... some may believe the fees are high at are Ontario Parks, and yes, they probably are compred to others, but the thing I do tip my hat to the Ontario Parks system, they don't cram a bunch of sites together, they make sure their parks are as close to natural as possible.... I enjoy that the most, I hate "subdivision" camping. So, that's us, my wife and I ( as kids are too cool to camp with their parents now, like we were all at one time or other, but we always come back), we love being outdoors, and theres no better way, than in a StarCraft/Jayco pop-up, Hybrid, travel trailer, fifth wheel or motor home!

jcarlilesiu

Post by jcarlilesiu » February 1st, 2015, 12:44 am

Welcome Mike and Lori!

mike

Post by mike » January 31st, 2015, 10:26 pm

Hi Everybody!

Mike and Lori from northern WI. Camping in a StarCraft Autumn Ridge 289BHS (just upgraded from a Wildwood X-light)
2 sons, 2 daughters.... only 1 left at home and she camps along with us
I work in distribution management and DW is in healthcare IT

Glad to see a place for StarCraft owners to hang out