Introductions

Stop in here, first and introduce yourself or learn about the rest of us!
kuba122

Re: Introductions

Post by kuba122 » November 2nd, 2015, 3:21 am

We bought our fist trailer this past February. So far we are having a BLAST!!

We live in Dallas took the circuitous route to land here in 1991.

I am an electronics tech by day and a software developer on the side and a musician whenever I can be. Camping feeds the inspirational side .... About half retired, at this point.

We have a Starcraft AR-1 Travel Trailer.

Thanks for adding us!!

John and Janelle
2014 Starcraft AR-One 15RB
2006 Chevrolet Silverado

jubilee

Post by jubilee » August 17th, 2015, 3:29 pm

We just bought a new 2015 Starcraft Travel Star Galaxy Blackpearl 28.6 RLWS. We are new to TT and looking forward to all the tips. (We are not new to camping..started camping young with a tent with our kids, then a pop-up, gap of not camping, and now the TT. Looking forward to camping again!)
We are now both retired and looking forward to traveling in our TT.

Russell and Judy, Tennessee

jcarlilesiu

Post by jcarlilesiu » July 22nd, 2015, 1:58 am

Good deal. This is my first GMC.

Here are some photos.

viewtopic.php?t=98

Yes. I have the 6.2L V8 with the heavy duty tow package.

Again welcome to the forum!

Mtkeg15

Post by Mtkeg15 » July 21st, 2015, 5:44 pm

Quick response back from yourself -and thanks for making this site and letting me join!

The 04 had the 6.0 and all the toys- and it had 50000 miles on it when I traded it in. I guess you missed my post back in jayco when I complained that in backing the 237 up the driveway, the trans fluid would redline fast. I thought the length and angle pushing the TT wasn't great but it should have easily handled the job. No matter what tech found (2 dealerships and a personal friend who owns his own garage) no one knew why. I thought of equipping it with a cooler and aux fan but I had an itch for the Sierra Deanli and found one at Springfield Auto in VT.. Black/black. Good people and live the truck. It has the 6.2 which I think you have ? But maybe more enhanced as yours is a 15?

Pulling or pushing is absolutely no issue now. I love the engine brake and the towing package.

Watch the bottom of your doors- the interior side
Above the interior weather striping as mine was showing signs of rust. Seriously! My truck is garage kept and waxed etc and doesn't come
Out to play in winter and I had them blast it and repaint just so it would not be forgotten about and a can of worms someday.
I love the Denali XL but having owned a suburban a Yukon and then the Yukon Denali it was time to get a pick up. I am hooked on the Denali line- unfortunately for the price lol! Would love to see a photo of your XL!

And many years of life will come with yours with
Proper maintence if course and a lot of wax/ Damn low quality steel lol
Mike

jcarlilesiu

Post by jcarlilesiu » July 21st, 2015, 4:56 pm

Welcome to the forum Mike.

Tell me more about your '04 Yukon. How many miles, have you had many issues?

I just recently bought a 15 Yukon Denali XL and seem to be racking up the miles pretty quickly. A little worried about the longevity.

Again, welcome! Glad you got my message.
2014 Starcraft 16RB - Camper | 2015 GMC Yukon Denali XL

Mtkeg15

Re: I missed your invite jcarlilesiu!

Post by Mtkeg15 » July 21st, 2015, 4:48 pm

I have been so busy and tied up with projects that I wasn't back to the jayco owners forum for a long time! I signed in today and saw your message to me dated back in January! Unreal my friend! Very glad this site is here and I am now a member!

From tent to a used 1996 Coleman pop-up when my daughter was born to a 2004 R-Vision 17 foot expandable to our 2010 StarCraft 237cks expandable.

Towed by a 2004 GMC Yukon Denali and currently a 2011 Sierra Denali.

We live in NH and when we aren't camping (which this year is only one trip) we camp in the drive way overlooking a lake and spend what time we have on our Ebbtide 192se.

Life is good but flies way to fast!

I hope I have the chance to make friends here and make this my on-line home!

Thank you again jcarlilesiu...... Sorry I missed your personal invite for so damn long!!!

Mike

HiHo6570

Post by HiHo6570 » June 29th, 2015, 6:31 pm

CDNfyrfytr wrote:
HiHo6570 wrote:Hi All,

Congrats on the 289! Too bad about the water tank though. We have the same trailer and really like the floor plan and features.
Thanks, the 289 is one of the best TT floor plans we have seen; plus the previous owner got it will all the bells and whistles, every package they offered, he got it! The only thing he didn't get was winterizing training package; blew the tank at the hot water connection.
Looks like a pretty straight forward replacement job.
2014 Starcraft Autumn Ridge 289BHS
2010 F-150 Crew Cab

CDNfyrfytr

Introductions

Post by CDNfyrfytr » June 27th, 2015, 7:58 pm

Long time camper, first time owning a Starcraft trailer. Just purchased a used 2014 AR 289BHS last month. We had been eyeing the AR since we first came across it at an RV show here in CT a few years ago. Wife loved the layout, features, etc.
Took it out last weekend on the maiden voyage (less than an hour from home) to give it the test drive before our week in July at Lake George.
Camper was fantastic! Pulled nice, roomy, comfortable, quite the step up from our 2004 Dutchman.
The only negative was that we found out the water tank had cracked, so I have to replace that in the near future.
Glad to see the site and an active community.
Dave
Congrats on the 289! Too bad about the water tank though. We have the same trailer and really like the floor plan and features.

jcarlilesiu

Post by jcarlilesiu » June 26th, 2015, 7:04 pm

Long time camper, first time owning a Starcraft trailer. Just purchased a used 2014 AR 289BHS last month. We had been eyeing the AR since we first came across it at an RV show here in CT a few years ago. Wife loved the layout, features, etc.
Took it out last weekend on the maiden voyage (less than an hour from home) to give it the test drive before our week in July at Lake George.
Camper was fantastic! Pulled nice, roomy, comfortable, quite the step up from our 2004 Dutchman.
The only negative was that we found out the water tank had cracked, so I have to replace that in the near future.
Dave
Welcome HiHo to the forum!

Congrats on the new camper. You should post up some pictures.
2014 Starcraft 16RB - Camper | 2015 GMC Yukon Denali XL

HiHo6570

Post by HiHo6570 » June 26th, 2015, 4:21 pm

Hi All,
Dave
2014 Starcraft Autumn Ridge 289BHS
2010 F-150 Crew Cab