Initial build quality

Stop in here, first and introduce yourself or learn about the rest of us!
kuba122

Re: Initial build quality

Post by kuba122 » June 16th, 2019, 12:06 pm

First off welcome to the forum!

Yeah, I read through all of those same reviews .... i keep a couple things in mind. First, people only tend to write reviews when they are mad or upset. Second, in this age, it isn’t unusual for many people to gang up and bully a manufacturer or entity even when they aren’t really involved. Third, these trailers are vibrated and beat by the road and the wind .... stuff will happen.

I never had any problems with my trailer. That doesn’t mean no one ever will, it means I did not. I am fairly diligent with repairs and upkeep. I recaulk the outside every few years and I pay close attention to the condition of things. When the factory recalled the leaky fron windows, my dealer didn’t do anything for it. I did, removed the old caulk and installed new caulk.

Whatever you decide, I sincerely hope it goes troublefree and you end up with the best bang for your dollars!
2014 Starcraft AR-One 15RB
2006 Chevrolet Silverado

Alex Beylin

Initial build quality

Post by Alex Beylin » June 12th, 2019, 3:25 pm

Hello everyone,

Unfortunately, our beloved Lance trailer was totaled recently and we decided to look for something smaller. Currently settled on a new 2019 SATELLITE 18MK. Started reading web user reviews and came across a very high number of problem reports on new units. Is is normal for Starcraft to have a lot of build problems out the door, especially with the smaller trailers?

Any feedback or first trip experiences would be appreciated.

Alex
West Bloomfield, MI