New Telluride and new to Starcraft forum

Stop in here, first and introduce yourself or learn about the rest of us!
kuba122

Re: New Telluride and new to Starcraft forum

Post by kuba122 » October 29th, 2019, 10:29 pm

Glad you got it done!

I think the telluride is so new, there just aren’t that many out there. I love the quality of Starcraft, generally.
2014 Starcraft AR-One 15RB
2006 Chevrolet Silverado

bsmith993

Post by bsmith993 » October 28th, 2019, 11:33 am

Just an update... I did raise the pin box one notch. I didn't get a new measurement of how level the truck sits because I went straight from the driveway to the storage lot, neither of which are level. But in general, it certainly helped and things look much closer now. My factory settings had an ability to go up 2 notches on the pin box, but the fiberglass shell is now touching the top of the pin box as it is. Didn't want to squeeze it up there. It was an easy enough 1 person job, leaving the box attached to the fifth wheel and lowering the body of the trailer via the legs to raise to the next set of alignment holes.
2019 Starcraft Telluride 296BHS
2019 Ford F250 Lariat Super Duty

Simon2090

Post by Simon2090 » October 25th, 2019, 7:17 pm

I know what you mean you don't see Telluride's anywhere, I hope that's not because they know something we don't.!! :?:
The Worst day fishing is still
better than the best day working

Simon2090

Post by Simon2090 » October 25th, 2019, 7:14 pm

Finally took delivery of my 296BHS this week maiden voyage in two weeks, I have the same experience and will be having the blocks in the truck replaced with short ones with an Air bag system for adjustment The tongue weight just isn't there to bring down that bed. I too will be moving the pin box up one notch, the axles on the telluride have already been flipped. So the blocks are the only thing left. Found out Ford has plans to lower the rear
in the up coming models (two years) from complaints. if I can get within 1 -1 1/2" out of level i will call it good.
Happy camping

bsmith993

Post by bsmith993 » October 21st, 2019, 11:40 am

I have the Curt A16. Interestingly, when I first got it, I only had the fixed legs for the factory 5th wheel prep pucks and it sat almost too low. While the turning clearance was pretty good with the regular bed, I went with the Curt manual slider and remounted the hitch to the slider base, also for the factory puck system. With the slider, the hitch sits higher than the fixed legs (with no more adjustment down) and I was slightly dragging my stabilizer gear backing uphill into my driveway. With the shorter rear axle blocks on my F250, which brought me about an inch or so down, it is better. I still have a lot of clearance to the bed overhang so I plan to raise my pinbox another notch to get me another inch. Finally, I think I might go with 16" wheels and Goodyears next spring before we make our BIG trip out west to just get me the last bit closer... and safer. That should be close enough to good enough.

Also, my research found a consistent "NO" to lifting blocks on the trailer axle, and because the Telluride has boot hangers for the springs you can't go with the Lippert Correct Track system either. So the only remaining room to lift the rear of the trailer is taller tires or welding on a subframe.

Simon2090

Post by Simon2090 » October 18th, 2019, 5:04 pm

Pushed back taking delivery a week. However reading your post on the leveling, that will more than likely be my situation. I
have a 2019- 3/4 ton Ford with a high bed. What type of hitch are you using, does it have any adjustment? keep me posted.

bsmith993

Post by bsmith993 » October 14th, 2019, 11:48 am

Welcome! I'm also new around here with the same model. We've only had one shakedown trip and even being RV first timers everything worked out perfectly and the Telluride never faltered. I've certainly found a couple nitpicks, like window blinds needing adjusting, door knob not closing quite right, kitchen cabinets a tad crooked, etc. You know... minor, but typical "home ownership" type things, but otherwise everything worked. Gave me some good projects to work on while relaxing at the campground. Lately I'm working on getting my tow more level. I think these lighter 5ths marketed for a half-ton world, combined with a newer, "too high" 3/4 ton had me quite nose high. Plenty of topics on the matter. I just lowered my truck rear spring blocks by an inch or so and next will be looking to raise the pin box if I can for another inch or so. I'm getting closer but hope to get more to "close enough" without having to raise the trailer springs with a Lippert Correct Track or the like.

Now about the Telluride brand in general... we have a family bet going on. First one to actually SEE another Telluride on the road wins a prize. :P So many Grand Designs and Montanas around here we've yet to see a one.

Good luck with your pickup. Hope yours goes as well as mine did.

Simon2090

New Telluride and new to Starcraft forum

Post by Simon2090 » October 11th, 2019, 7:54 pm

Hello all taking delivery of my new Telluride 296BHS this coming Monday.
Anything in particular I should look for. I am actually switching from a Class C to this 5th wheel.
Needed to separate the truck from the RV.
How Do you like your Tellurides?