New Trailer Leaked And Mostly Junk

For folks who like to keep it simple but don’t want to scrimp on creature comforts.
PineCones&BBQbones

Re: New Trailer Leaked And Mostly Junk

Post by PineCones&BBQbones » March 1st, 2021, 2:48 pm

Our 2018 Starcraft Sattelite 2018 16KS is having severe leaking/mold issues. The mold is along the bedroom window on the slide side. I've had it sealed twice, brought to two different dealers and they have both said it appears to have never been sealed by the factory. Just spent over $740 having the roof scraped and resealed and hoping it fixes the issue and finally dries out inside. I cut open the wall paper yesterday to find soaking wet wood and mold. Please tell me somebody else has had this issue and figured out how to fix it? I can't even find a company willing to deal with the inside issues - only the outside.

Picture 1 is what the wallpaper looked like before we opened it up. Large and small bumps. Picture 2 was immediately after cutting into it - those dark boards are soaking wet wood. Quality isn't great b/c I was videoing it and had on a respirator and gloves.
Attachments
Pic 2.png
Pic 2.png (1.61 MiB) Viewed 33540 times
Pic 1.png
Pic 1.png (1.47 MiB) Viewed 33540 times

partsbob

Post by partsbob » April 19th, 2019, 8:54 pm

If we’re allowed to recommend a repair center, if you’re in NC or close enough, I would highly recommend Countryside RV at https://countrysidervcenter.com/ in Yadkinville, NC after our experience with them when we had the same problem with our 17RB! Trent was our Service Manager and, even though we had bought our Satellite from a TN Camping World just 2 weeks earlier, he was extremely accommodating, with everything covered under the Starcraft warranty. I will gladly drive the extra hour to have them service our camper!
NC/VA Mountains
2019 Heartland Caliber 27RBDS
2018 Starcraft Satellite 17RB (SOLD)
TV: 2016 Ford F-150 Lariat 4WD EcoBoost

Tims_Shadow

Post by Tims_Shadow » April 16th, 2019, 12:55 am

Our 16KS leaked within 6-7 months from new also. I could not agree more that Camping World is a poor dealership. We found the one in Nashville, TN to be a horrible dealership to deal with. Crappy workmanship and very dishonest. I found the top of our camper had not been cleaned or inspected at the time of purchase and prep, but was told it had been. I found moss was growing on top when I inspected it a few weeks after purchase. That was not new and the sealant was showing age but not leaking yet. After 6-7 months of being stored under a cover, it began leaking and we took it back in to CW. They basically put a band-aid on the roof leak but told us they had resealed the whole roof, so we picked it up. It rained within a week of picking it back up and now it leaked far worse than before their "repair" and caused water damage. I took it back for them to fix correctly and repair the water damage. They took 5 months to get it finished, I'm sure they were hoping I'd get frustrated and just pick it back up without them having to make good on their repairs and correct the damage. Both service writers and the service manager all lied to us repeatedly about repairs being made, parts being ordered, etc. In 20 years of owning campers, we have never dealt with a worse dealership. I am a firm believer in treating people they way you want to be treated or karma will come back on you. Their day is coming.

partsbob

Post by partsbob » April 9th, 2019, 2:06 pm

Sorry to hear of your experience with your Satellite! After getting our initial leaks corrected .... NOT at a Camping World .... we've thoroughly enjoyed our 17RB, including just returning from our first camp of the year. Though it’s small, it’s perfect for a couple ... plus a small dog ... in our opinion and I’ve found it to be well built, especially for the price compared to alternatives for thousands more. For you, I would suggest looking for a nearby Starcraft dealer other than a CW to correct any issues remaining.
NC/VA Mountains
2019 Heartland Caliber 27RBDS
2018 Starcraft Satellite 17RB (SOLD)
TV: 2016 Ford F-150 Lariat 4WD EcoBoost

Roasted

New Trailer Leaked And Mostly Junk

Post by Roasted » March 31st, 2019, 2:49 am

This seems to be a problem, new 16KS leaked rain water from roof within 6 months of purchase. Probably leaked when it left the factory, just hidden from view. Also had to do a lot of other work to get the thing "right". Also Camping World is a very poor dealership.

I knew most rvs were junk and that dealers suck going in so I expectations were very low. But they were able to surpass my low expectation in a big way.

Spent more than a 100 hours fixing crap including the leak which should have been done at the factory or dealership. I can just imagine going to the dealer with a 20 item checklist, probably have to take it back 10 times from what I hear about rv dealers and warranty work.

I cannot recommend this trailer or dealer, construction and fit and finish is very poor.