New Satellite owner

For folks who like to keep it simple but don’t want to scrimp on creature comforts.
rbsb

Re: New Satellite owner

Post by rbsb » June 23rd, 2020, 8:06 pm

Welcome! We have a 17rb and a Colorado too. Went on our first campout a couple of weeks ago and looking forward to getting back out soon. Really like the Satellite!

Administrator
Site Admin

Re: New Satellite owner

Post by Administrator » June 15th, 2020, 12:43 pm

First off, welcome to the forum! And, yeah, the walkthroughs are fast and not all that great for long term knowledge of your RV and systems. Most of us learn from each other, an via trial and error.

Important stuff ... in my mind, the most important things to make sure you have pertain to working with and on the RV. If you have a flat and need to change a tire, how will you do it? I have had 2 different trailers and neither cam with the basic jack/wrench. To me, that's important. I'd hate to waste a lot of time waiting for a service truck ....

Some Campgrounds are really built well and everything you need is close together and close to where you need it .... sometimes, though everything can be a challenge to hook up. Carry an extra water hose ;) make sure you have an extra sewer hose. Heavy Duty Extension Cord (I would recommend at least 25 foot #12AWG) Gorilla tape. Voltage adapters 20 to 30A Adapter I use often. I also carry a 50 to 30A adapter, used it twice in five years. A small tool kit, especially a screwdriver and pliers or adjustable wrench. There is always some little thing that gets loose ....

Water connection doo dads tend to be important. You will probably want a filter, definitely a pressure regulator.

May want a 90 degree adapter. Everyone sets up differently, you will find the system you like. I carry a lot more than this little list, these items I find myself needing often.

FltRT69

New Satellite owner

Post by FltRT69 » June 15th, 2020, 1:53 am

I just got a 17RB Extreme last weekend and am very new to RV owning. My walkthrough was very rapid and I had a very hard time understanding the rep. I have a big trip coming up in two weeks to Colorado Springs/Cripple Creek area from Corpus Christi, Texas. I pull my Satellite with a Chevy Colorado. I'm excited about the trip but nervous about the set up at the KOA. Any tips on prepping the RV would be greatly appreciated.
2019 Starcraft Satellite Extreme 17 RB
2016 Chevy Colorado LT