2019 Telluride 292RLS

Discuss the Telluride line of trailers, everything you have ever wanted.
Humshark

Re: 2019 Telluride 292RLS

Post by Humshark » December 7th, 2021, 11:33 am

We picked up our new 2021 292RLS in June from north of St Louis, 6hrs away for me. It maybe wasn’t the best decision as we’ve had many factory issues that frankly I’m trying to wrap my head around.
I can fix just about anything, but whether I should is another issue. I have a long list of things that we wanted addressed and so far only some of them have been.

The door & screen are so annoying and so far the dealer can’t seem to address.
Bed storage hinges broken and or barely screwed in.
The BREAKERS in our unit were installed incorrectly and during the summer the A/C kept going out due to the wrong breaker being wired.
Water heater fittings leak. ( delivered to us in bypass )
Bedroom slide leaked and caused the bathroom floor to raise.
Awning switch broke
Awning lights for the one connected to the side of the slide are mounted in a way that keeps the awning from fully retracting, leaving the arms slightly out.
The black tank clean out broke and fills the belly with water when you try to use it.
The cables for television/Sat etc were crossed and had to be straightened out.
Grey tank galley valve leaks when closed.

I have more - and the dealer seems nice, but incapable of addressing.

Some of these I fixed, a couple things my dealer fixed, and we have yet another appt for a different more local dealer to look at. ( Nashville Area )

So after all of this - here’s the deal, we love the layout, and the trailer overall. I just WISH the quality was better. I NEVER thought I’d say it, but I’m thinking of jumping ship.

I have 6.7Kwhs of battery and 1400w of solar ready to go on/in, but I’m paused, considering whether or not to proceed…

My worry is that, there may be many, many more things that I can’t see, yet to be discovered.
Thoughts?

If anyone wants to talk Solar, inverters, generators, mofi, etc, reach out.
Humshark (UpAndRunning) :idea: 2021 292RLS

neversweat

Post by neversweat » August 3rd, 2021, 12:12 pm

Good Morning John (musicearlyadopter)
Congratulations on getting a Telluride. FYI I have not seen Larry on this page for quite awhile. I asked him about his spare tire carrier last year and never heard from him. We have had our 292rl for almost 3 years and have enjoyed it very much. Home base is Houston TX, but we move around a lot. (Currently spending 3mo in Michigan) I use a F250(gas) to pull with and have been happy with it. Been over most of the passes in Colorado with no problem, so your diesel will work great.
Leveling is another issue. I have not been able to get the rig as level as I would like it. It is at a slight angle up. Won the fith the large tires on the truck and 15in tires on the trailer I am at a lost of how to make it better and live with it. Looked at going smaller on the truck tires but that creates other issues with a lower load range on the tires, etc. I have started to find other tellurides out there, I think we are up to about 5 or 6. Have seen 3 on this trip. I have to say, not all have had great luck with their Tellurides. Some of the below may be due to owners issues, wear and tear, or just bad luck.
things to be aware of and double check:
*Door does not close and lock correctly it is very hard to adjust. (I took off the silver deadbolt plate on the frame and works fine, but I think I have given up some security. A buddy has the same model and he has fixed his but I forgot how he did it. He spends the summer in Creede CO.
*I would check under the slide outs to make sure they are sealed correctly. (best you can do) Same buddy his living room slide was not sealed underneath and started to rot. Problems with warranty and the shop he used, etc.
* Same buddy had trouble with the sliding door to the bathroom coming off track, dealer never could fix, he did it himself finally, and a screw was bad and kicking it off.
*Thermostat is a mess like most in Trailers. Heat works fine on auto, but the ac cycles quickly turning off and on. Have not found a fix that will work with the AC so I just keep it on low.
*Propane tanks are hard to remove on the drivers side, one trick is turn them and they come out easier.
*Check your roof closely, it is easy to have tears from limbs and such. ( I keep a few feet of the roof tape to seal up when needed)
FYI this site is rarely used, not much activity at all, actually thought it might have gone dead!
Send me an email if you want and I will think if there is anything else. billamstead@gmail.com
Watch your weight, it adds up quickly. (I am sure I am over, but I keep an eye on it)
All said we really enjoy ours and it pulls great!
Bill

musicearlyadopter

Post by musicearlyadopter » July 26th, 2021, 5:23 pm

Hi folks,

I pick up my lightly used 2018 292RLS on Wednesday from a Dallas area dealer- very excited and I agree with the comments on quality and layout. I bought the hard-wired Progressive 50A EMS too, and will install it this weekend. If you DO have any photos of that install (as well as the larger furnace cover) I would love to see them! Once I get my rig home I will take pics- I am going to pull it with a 2021 Ford F250SD Diesel, so I am also interested in the posts about leveling. Tellurides may be small in number on the road, but I think we are going to be happy! Thanks, Gregg

Hi Larry,
A week ago I picked up my 2019 Telluride 292. You sound like a guy who is ahead of me on major fix-it tasks, but I love taking on a challenge. I am considering a surge protector (my trailer insurance will cover any outages, but there is always the problem with time and hassle) In my area, California and west coast, I have never had a problem. I notice you are from TX, are electrical connections a problem for you? Can you tell me which surge protector you installed and how difficult you found the task.
I too would like to mount the tire underneath. With the underbelly being enclosed, I would like to hear/see how you plan on making the move. Please keep the blog posted.
Did you take any pictures of the furnace filter mod? If there is not major reconstruction, I may have to follow suit.
Thanks for posting - I will do the same after my fingers get a rest.
[/quote]

I've been busy, but more on that later. I installed a Progressive Industries 50 amp unit with remote display. It is mounted on a wood panel above and behind the breaker panel. I bought a couple of feet of 6 ga. 4 conductor wire, pulled the breaker panel out, disconnected the power cord and moved it to the input side of the surge protector, then used the extra wire to go back to the breaker panel. I mounted the remote display so it is visible while standing outside the entrance door. It isn't absolutely necessary to enlarge the furnace grill to install the surge protector, just made the job easier for a 70 yr old. Plus, I now have a residential grill with a real filter.

I have the new bracket welded up to relocate the spare tire, but have not had time to actually install it. Instead, I had to focus on adding a second A/C. Installed a Coleman(?) low profile unit with a heat strip. It is pretty quiet in both heat and cool modes. The low profile means I have not increased the RV height.

Right now I am living in the Telluride in the DFW area for the next 2-1/2 months as I am getting remarried in May. My house is for sale 200 miles away so it is best if I let the realtor have a vacant house to sell.
[/quote]

neversweat

Post by neversweat » April 6th, 2019, 2:46 am

Under the front overhang, driver side , underneath. Look around you will find it. Ask the dealer the same thing. Took them a minute to find it.

Chefjefforel

Post by Chefjefforel » April 5th, 2019, 12:42 pm

I too cannot turn on my front LED lights, in fact, I cannot even locate the switch to do so. I am a pretty handy guy and have searched this rig up and down looking for it. I have played with the switches in my truck when connected to see if that would turn it on but to no avail. Does anyone have any advice?

Larrytbm

Post by Larrytbm » February 18th, 2019, 1:49 am

retired44 wrote:
January 11th, 2019, 6:32 pm
Hi Larry,
A week ago I picked up my 2019 Telluride 292. You sound like a guy who is ahead of me on major fix-it tasks, but I love taking on a challenge. I am considering a surge protector (my trailer insurance will cover any outages, but there is always the problem with time and hassle) In my area, California and west coast, I have never had a problem. I notice you are from TX, are electrical connections a problem for you? Can you tell me which surge protector you installed and how difficult you found the task.
I too would like to mount the tire underneath. With the underbelly being enclosed, I would like to hear/see how you plan on making the move. Please keep the blog posted.
Did you take any pictures of the furnace filter mod? If there is not major reconstruction, I may have to follow suit.
I've been busy, but more on that later. I installed a Progressive Industries 50 amp unit with remote display. It is mounted on a wood panel above and behind the breaker panel. I bought a couple of feet of 6 ga. 4 conductor wire, pulled the breaker panel out, disconnected the power cord and moved it to the input side of the surge protector, then used the extra wire to go back to the breaker panel. I mounted the remote display so it is visible while standing outside the entrance door. It isn't absolutely necessary to enlarge the furnace grill to install the surge protector, just made the job easier for a 70 yr old. Plus, I now have a residential grill with a real filter.

I have the new bracket welded up to relocate the spare tire, but have not had time to actually install it. Instead, I had to focus on adding a second A/C. Installed a Coleman(?) low profile unit with a heat strip. It is pretty quiet in both heat and cool modes. The low profile means I have not increased the RV height.

Right now I am living in the Telluride in the DFW area for the next 2-1/2 months as I am getting remarried in May. My house is for sale 200 miles away so it is best if I let the realtor have a vacant house to sell.
'13 Silverado 3500, custom RKI bed (purchased in 2003)
'19 Telluride 292RLS

retired44

Post by retired44 » January 11th, 2019, 6:32 pm

Hi Larry,

neversweat

Post by neversweat » November 28th, 2018, 12:08 pm

Thanks Larry for the tip. It was there, and got the valves corrected. Working now, pump seems louder than ones I have had before, but working. You seem to be a master handyman, awesome and jealous. Would be thrilled to see some pics on the new spare tire option when complete.
Have had a couple weeks in the new unit and still satisfied. Went on and took back to the dealer to fix a few things, mainly since they are fairly close by. Looking forward to the holidays and a couple more weeks on the road.
Be safe

Larrytbm

Post by Larrytbm » November 24th, 2018, 2:02 am

The water pump has an access panel inside the basement storage area. There are 2 screws to remove it. So it is physically forward of the furnace, but only accessible thru the panel. There is also a valve and clear hose pickup for antifreeze.

I just finished installing a hard-wired surge protector. It is behind the converter/breaker panel. But I also enlarged the furnace grill to ease installation. I now have a 20 x 20 residential grill and filter. I've now spent 6 weeks living in the unit. I'm considering relocating the spare tire to underneath, I have the cable winch from Lippert already, just need to get some steel fabricated. Also undecided about lifting the trailer, either 16" wheels and taller tires. Or also swap out the 4400 lb axles for 5200 lb axles.
'13 Silverado 3500, custom RKI bed (purchased in 2003)
'19 Telluride 292RLS

neversweat

Post by neversweat » November 16th, 2018, 1:35 am

Picked up my Telluride 292RLS just a couple of weeks ago in MO. (675 miles) My one suggestion, unless you are handy, is to spend a couple of nights local and see what needs to be fixed, while you are close to your dealership. They gave me an extra $1000 off to pickup in October, so I made a rushed trip to pickup and get home. Went camping on the beach last weekend, cold and wet, no real issues to speak of, stayed warm as we packed our stuff away. Will be leaving this weekend for a week and looking forward to it. Never pulled a 5h wheel before, but I like the way it pulls, nice and steady.

Overall impressions: Very much like the floor plan for the size and weight. I think we looked at most of 5th wheeler's in this size range. Like the auto levelers, one reason I went so for to pickup, worked great so for. Don't like the fact that you have to pull one or both slides out to access the back, and one to open the fridge. Outside storage below is somewhat cramped, but doable. Have not really used the below bed storage, but I am sure I will. Wife loves all the windows in the unit, really lets in the light. Loungers and couch are super comfortable. We like the free standing dinette. Switched out their mattress to the one I had in another camper, theirs did not look very good at all. Switched out the shower head, due to no, off/on switch, weird theirs did not have it. I agree with Larry, I have been impressed with the features and quality! Still need to test the quiet AC, but it has been too cold in TX.

Current Issues, debating to take back to the local dealer or not. (about hour away) Stereo is hooked up wrong, has 2 zones, and they are hooked up left and right. ( Instead of outside and inside, both zones play all the time). Don't think my water pump is working, acting like a loose fitting.

(Larry have you found the water pump, I have had no success, as of yet!)

Small leak under the sink, but have re tighten everything.
The decorator light on the front is not working. The large blind in the rear needs some adjustment and the side peg is loose. Wife thinks we have a gas leak, keeps noticing the smell, my propane detector is not picking up anything. FYI, Camping World said they filled up all three propane tanks, I did not check them, but only filled 1, maybe 1/2 full. Inside the double tank door on the driver side, tanks are a very tight fit, had to take a screw out to get the rear one back in. Overall, nothing too major.

Still debating on how to get my trailer more level. Like the idea of 16" tires and may have to move to 18" tires on my truck. They seem to ride low, but I am new to the 5th wheel game.
Overall very happy and looking forward to traveling around!

Any questions just let me know, be happy to answer the best I can.
[attachment=0]IMG_3928.JPG[/attachment]
Attachments
IMG_3928.JPG
IMG_3928.JPG (32.39 KiB) Viewed 15995 times