First year review. 241BH

Travel your way with the Super Lite travel trailer.
Whitedog76

Re: First year review. 241BH

Post by Whitedog76 » April 19th, 2021, 12:18 am

No real updates, it hasn't moved all winter. I did however take the spare tire and carrier off the rear bumper. I installed a 2" trailer hitch on the rear. I also purchased a cargo carrier/ bike carrier to be installed on it. It's kind of a pain putting 4 mountain bikes in the truck bed. If we use my wife's Expedition, we can't haul them at all. As far as the spare tire goes, it fits nicely in the front pass through storage. I'll have to do something with my fishing poles up front though, but no big deal.

Hammerfix

Post by Hammerfix » April 11th, 2021, 7:13 am

Any more updates on this unit?

kuba122

Post by kuba122 » November 24th, 2020, 2:09 am

I like the review. Seems like you are offering a fair assessment. We all see little minor issues all over the place ... I am on my second and still learning things about the quirky little trailers. I just found out the other day that the freshwater tank slowly fills whenever you are hooked up to city water. I found out because it started leaking slowly out of the filler cap .... so now I drain the water tank every few days when it’s parked and on constant city water. I think I will add a shutoff valve, eventually.

Thanks for taking the time!! Hope you continue to enjoy!!
2014 Starcraft AR-One 15RB
2006 Chevrolet Silverado

Whitedog76

First year review. 241BH

Post by Whitedog76 » November 21st, 2020, 11:33 pm

Bought a 241BH in July of 2020, just thought I'd give a quick review. I'm not trying to make it a gripe session, which it may seem like.

I'll start with the outside first.

The low point drain is located basically directly under the middle of the unit, it's a little inconvenient, but not a big deal. If I were a little older, it would definitely be a pain.

The next issue was with the trailer brake wiring, I`m not a fan of how they ran the wiring. I addressed it with some zip ties to help keep the wiring away from moving parts. I may re-route the wires in the future. I am an electrician by trade, so I could just be a little too particular.

My next issue is with the water connection. The connection is plastic, seems a little cheap, I'm afraid of breaking it. There is no quick fill port for the water storage tank. You simply switch a valve from city to storage. I wanted to add some water treatment to the tank and was unable to. I ended up using the pump inside the camper and was able to get some in(I believe so, anyway). Same problem when winterizing, can't get antifreeze into the tank. This time I used a sump pump and a bucket and pumped it in.

Next issue, is the black water drain valve. Unless your arm is 2 foot longer and has an extra joint, you'll be climbing underneath to dump it. I plan on remedying by adding another valve by the hook up port.

OK, on to the inside. I had to readjust the screen door to main door catch. No big deal.

The bunks are spacious and roomy. They're more than enough for my pre teen girls and big enough if they invite friends along. I did take the hydraulic cylinder off the bottom folding bunk. It was way too strong,

The bathroom, no issues. I currently don't have a television in the unit, no plans to add one anyway. The radio works, but has next to no reception quality. I don't know where the antenna is 4unning, but it's obviously not in the right spot.

The refrigerator is the next issue. It wouldn't stay shut when traveling. I initially remedied it by wedging a trash can between it and the counter. I fixed it by adding a couple small washers to the bottom hinge. It works great on tge 120 volt setting, but is kind of finicky on the LP setting.

Last but not least, the master bed. The mattress is HARD! I bought a 2" foam matress cover, it helps, but it's not perfect.

In conclusion, it is overall a good travel trailer. It suites me and my family just fine. The few times we used it this year were great. I'm a first time RV owner, so I'm learning as I go and dealing with some of the quirks that come my way.

Chris