Stardust 1021 raised roof height measurement

Discuss these great and versatile pop-up and hardside tent campers.
Houston Remodeler

Re: Stardust 1021 raised roof height measurement

Post by Houston Remodeler » March 8th, 2016, 10:46 pm

An idea;

1- Raise the roof until the door works properly.

2- Measure the distance between the body and the roof next to the door.

3- Compare this to each corner.

4- Remove the cover plate to the spot where all the cables join together.

5- Adjust the cables that don't match the door measurement.
2015 24 RLS with some mods
2014 Ram 2500 diesel

shawnrpg

Re: Stardust 1021 raised roof height measurement

Post by shawnrpg » March 8th, 2016, 8:42 pm

not sure if this is the same thing or not. I recently had to adjust the height on my 1999 Starflyer and got a Starcraft Cable Service Manual from Starcraft.
On page 43 there is a table of different models with the correct height:
On models: Starmaster 21, Galaxy 24, Constellation 24, Stardust 24, and Nova 24, the height is 42"
On models: Starflyer 19, Starlite 21, Starlite 21TD, Starlite21SD, and Starlite 24SD, the height is 44-5/8"
On models: Starlite 14, 16, 17, SLE 16, 17, 19, and 19 Aerostar, the height is 48-5/8".

One way I read to tell if your height is set properly, is to to raise the roof until it stops (on my Starflyer, it is when the stop arm engages the up-stop nut on the winch), put the door bottom into place, then push the top into place. You should be able to push the door into place with minimal effort. Previously, I had to stand on the counters and use my back to push the roof up.

Or, you can do what I did. I initially raised the front corner to 44-5/8", which allowed the door to "snap" into place very easy. However, all the other corners were now way out of adjustment. Since I could live with a little effort pushing the roof up, I backed the front right corner down half of what I raised it and re-measured all four corners. I was back to within 1/4" on 3 out of 4 corners. On the 4th corner, I raised the roof a bit. All four corners are now within 1/4" of each other.

The way to measure the height is slightly away from the post on the main flat surface of the trailer body (you don't want to be on any raised areas immediately adjacent to the post) up to the bottom of the 1" tall trim piece that runs around the bottom edge of the roof.

If I can figure out how to include pictures, I'll include the diagram of how/where to measure.

Good Luck!

Shawn

jcarlilesiu

Post by jcarlilesiu » August 6th, 2015, 3:04 am

Wish I could help you out but I have no answers.

Maybe posting some pictures would help.

aldo_45030

Stardust 1021 raised roof height measurement

Post by aldo_45030 » August 4th, 2015, 2:02 am

I am not sure if i am in the right place but would like to know what the height of the roof should be and where and how measurement is to be taken. Working on the daughters camper for her and need to adjust cables. Corners are out as much as 1.5" , i think the height is wrong also the door frame on the top section appears to bow and the roof raises some when door is pushed into place. Any help would be greatly appreciated.