New "Canvas"

Discuss these great and versatile pop-up and hardside tent campers.
tls2971

Re: New "Canvas"

Post by tls2971 » March 8th, 2017, 7:36 pm

This is good to know because I hope to purchase a new canvas soon too. Thank you for sharing.

shawnrpg

Re: New "Canvas"

Post by shawnrpg » March 25th, 2016, 11:57 am

Canvas Replacements out of Loyal, Wisconsin.
When I ordered it, they told me 2 to 4 weeks for them to make the new tent; however,it took a week before I got the old canvas off and shipped to them. When I called them to specify the colors that i wanted, they told me it would be 4 to 6 weeks. Once she saw that I ordered, and paid, the previous week, she said they would try to get it closer to the 4 week.
Knowing my luck, I was bracing myself for it to take 6 weeks. I was shocked when I logged into my e-mail the other day and found an e-mail from UPS showing my canvas would be delivered that day.

So far, they have been a super great company to do business with. Very helpful each time I called them.

Shawn
1999 Starflyer PUP
2003 GMC Envoy 6 cylinder

jcarlilesiu

Post by jcarlilesiu » March 24th, 2016, 11:20 pm

There are no rules here except be nice and respectful.

Who did you get it from?

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

shawnrpg

New "Canvas"

Post by shawnrpg » March 24th, 2016, 10:52 am

Yay!!! My new canvas was delivered yesterday -- 2 weeks ahead of schedule (not sure if I'm allowed to post supplier names here, so I'll leave it our for now). I haven't taken it out of the box yet since it'll be easier to transport folded up all nice and neat.
The canvas on our 1999 Starflyer had large areas of mold on the window flaps. My wife is highly sensitive to mold so we decided to re-canvas the whole PUP. We opted for the new "composite vinyl" material instead of using canvas again.
Heading to my in-laws this weekend so my father-in-law and I can install the new tent. Supposedly, it should take less than 2 hours (fingers crossed).
I will try to post before and after photos when we're done.

Shawn
1999 Starflyer PUP
2003 GMC Envoy 6 cylinder