Purchased 2015 18QB

Discuss entry level campers offer a host of amenities at a low cost and are easily towed.
pawpaw

Re: Purchased 2015 18QB

Post by pawpaw » November 30th, 2016, 10:56 am

GaryG wrote:Welcome from one Starcraft owner to another.

My fridge does automatically switch from elec/LP/elec but my hot water heat is just LP gas. You might look into purchasing an electric element adapter from Camco (Hot Water Hybrid Heat). They are online from Walmart. I will be purchasing one in the Spring and installing it on my trailer. It's under $100 bucks and seems easy enough to install if you have easy access to your water heater. There are Youtube vids about the installation. I like the Camco unit because it has a lighted on/off switch, the Hot Rod model does not.

If you do get one and install it before I do, I would love to hear about how it went. Hope you enjoy your Starcraft TT.

Sounds like a great idea. I think I have another project to ad to my list!
Thanks
Pawpaw
2015 Autumn Ridge 329BHU
2020 Autumn Ridge Outfitter 182RB
2014 Sierra 6.2L with max tow pkge
Cypress, TX

buzzbait00

Post by buzzbait00 » November 30th, 2016, 2:30 am

Thanks GaryG!
We mostly stay in campgrounds with free electric. I was bumbed about having a gas only wayer heater. I did not know such a jewel existed. It's 4.6 out of 5 with 25 reviews. I will be researching more later but for now my questions are: Can u still use gas after conversion? If so do you switch from one to the other or use both?
Maybe you should start a thread on this subject GaryG!

GaryG

Post by GaryG » November 17th, 2016, 11:28 pm

Welcome from one Starcraft owner to another.

My fridge does automatically switch from elec/LP/elec but my hot water heat is just LP gas. You might look into purchasing an electric element adapter from Camco (Hot Water Hybrid Heat). They are online from Walmart. I will be purchasing one in the Spring and installing it on my trailer. It's under $100 bucks and seems easy enough to install if you have easy access to your water heater. There are Youtube vids about the installation. I like the Camco unit because it has a lighted on/off switch, the Hot Rod model does not.

If you do get one and install it before I do, I would love to hear about how it went. Hope you enjoy your Starcraft TT.
2016 Starcraft 26 BHS Launch Ultra Lite - Gary from Boise, Idaho

pawpaw

Purchased 2015 18QB

Post by pawpaw » November 17th, 2016, 11:58 am

Well, we pulled the trigger and bought a used 2015 18QB. It will be used for over night stays at race tracks in Texas where I officiate. (I sold my race car last year and now just officiate the races). There were no manuals (I'm in the process of downloading them) so I have a learning curve to master. Things are a little different than larger Autumn Ridge, but I'm up for the challenge, lol. Two things I'm going to have to get used to are the LP only water heater and the refrigerator doesn't automatically switch from electricity to LP and back again - it must be manually switched.
The trailer seems to be in great shape and everything works! If anyone has any tips I would appreciate them.
Thanks and happy camping!
2015 Autumn Ridge 329BHU
2020 Autumn Ridge Outfitter 182RB
2014 Sierra 6.2L with max tow pkge
Cypress, TX