Survived the freeze!

Discuss entry level campers offer a host of amenities at a low cost and are easily towed.
Houston Remodeler

Re: Survived the freeze!

Post by Houston Remodeler » January 26th, 2017, 10:37 pm

We checked the TT today and had ZERO damage from the freeze !!

Praise Jebus !

We also cleaned, repaired the pocket door after the hardware at the top came off the door slab, changed the cam locks to the ones with 3 digit combinations, measured for a new countertop in the kitchen (thinking about corian and undermount sink)

and swapped out the cloth jackknife sofa for a tri-fold leather sofa !!! Finally we can have overnight guests over 5'3"
2015 24 RLS with some mods
2014 Ram 2500 diesel

kuba122

Post by kuba122 » January 12th, 2017, 6:10 pm

Definitely fingers crossed. Let us know!
2014 Starcraft AR-One 15RB
2006 Chevrolet Silverado

pawpaw

Post by pawpaw » January 12th, 2017, 12:55 pm

Houston Remodeler wrote:I was out of town when the freeze hit. Got to it on the second day to barely be able to turn the handles on the vanity faucet. I opened the tanks, the valves, and the faucets then prayed. Have yet to check for leaks. Still praying.
Fingers crossed!
2015 Autumn Ridge 329BHU
2020 Autumn Ridge Outfitter 182RB
2014 Sierra 6.2L with max tow pkge
Cypress, TX

Houston Remodeler

Post by Houston Remodeler » January 12th, 2017, 3:20 am

I was out of town when the freeze hit. Got to it on the second day to barely be able to turn the handles on the vanity faucet. I opened the tanks, the valves, and the faucets then prayed. Have yet to check for leaks. Still praying.
2015 24 RLS with some mods
2014 Ram 2500 diesel

kuba122

Post by kuba122 » January 10th, 2017, 9:52 pm

Paw paw ... i'm in DFW and we had near single digits. Actually my town supposedly bottomed out at 9 degrees.

First off we just got home from south padre and we are going to Bastrop, next week. I drain all of the three tanks, I also have never winterized because we go out this time of the year.

My strategy is to use a 110v space heater (oil filled radiator) and set the furnace to come on at 52 (just in case) I keep the hot water hot and the covers on the benches open so the heat in the TT gets to all of the lines. 2 years and no freeze, yet. By far this year is worse.

Hope no one has issues!!
2014 Starcraft AR-One 15RB
2006 Chevrolet Silverado

GaryG

Post by GaryG » January 10th, 2017, 7:10 pm

Not to 'one up you' Paw Paw, but the Boise, Idaho area has not had a winter since the early 80's I'm told by the locals. We have around 2' of accumulated snow and are on our 6th school 'snow day' (there were only 3 in the school calendar!). Our low here in Nampa was -19degrees. I'm so glad my trailer is in covered storage. I made it out of our subdivision to go check on it today.

All is well and the batteries are really holding their charge at around 80%. I should check the actual amps/voltage. I'm going to send out a separate post about solar battering charges to see what any of you might have experience with. I'm seriously considering purchasing a portable unit.

I hope everyone's rigs are doing fine in storage. I just completed making camping reservations for this summer in Idaho, Oregon and Utah. I hope we do eventually see the sun!
2016 Starcraft 26 BHS Launch Ultra Lite - Gary from Boise, Idaho

pawpaw

Survived the freeze!

Post by pawpaw » January 10th, 2017, 1:12 pm

Well my AR-One 18QB made it through some of the coldest weather we've had in the Houston area for many years. The temp dipped to a chilly 20 degrees for several hours overnight. I store it at outside at my home, so I was really concerned because it would be exposed those freezing conditions. I drained the fresh, grey and black tanks, but not the water heater. Instead, I just turned it on and let the water heat up. I also put an electric heater inside the trailer and opened all the cabinet doors. The result...............no issues at all! Maybe I was just lucky, or perhaps this method is good enough for the cold temps we sometimes have here in the Houston area.
Our larger trailer, the 329BHU, is stored in a fully enclosed building, so I wasn't worried about it.
Now, where's my calendar so I can start planning some trips.
2015 Autumn Ridge 329BHU
2020 Autumn Ridge Outfitter 182RB
2014 Sierra 6.2L with max tow pkge
Cypress, TX