Water pump issue

Discuss entry level campers offer a host of amenities at a low cost and are easily towed.
MartjeBok

Water pump issue

Post by MartjeBok » May 27th, 2019, 9:43 am

I am installing an electric water pump, and am going to do away with my alternator. The alternator is a one wire. I am installing a 2nd battery and purchasing a larger charger to care of the charging. What do I need to do with the alternator wire that is left?

Vionykak

Water pump issue

Post by Vionykak » February 4th, 2019, 7:13 pm

my experience with this sort of issue is to go from the source of the water to the output. As Blue said, check the water tank first. Then follow the plumbing from there until it reach the faucet. There is some section that has no water, or has no flow of the water. What ever is before that, is the problem.

If you want to take a short cut, you can try to use the monitor to check the water level, and also disconnect the connection before and after the water pump to make sure water is getting to the pump. If the pump is getting water after the filter, but nothing is coming out when powered, you probably need to service the pump. If that does not apply, then go back to the source -> faucet method.

Houston Remodeler

Re: Water pump issue

Post by Houston Remodeler » June 5th, 2017, 5:14 pm

What Gary said plus -

The water pump may have a screen / filter which can also be clogged from construction debris.
2015 24 RLS with some mods
2014 Ram 2500 diesel

GaryG

Re: Water pump issue

Post by GaryG » June 5th, 2017, 5:15 am

Welcome to the forum and to your first trailer. I'm sure you have checked all these, but maybe not:

1) does the water pump com on when you turn on a faucet or flush the toilet? If it doesn't check the pump motor,fuse and shut off valve near the pump.
2) possibly a shut off valve was left open when the trailer was winterized, check all low point drains. If one was left open you might have water running on the outside of your trailer.
3) One time my kitchen sink faucet would not have water when it was turned on and the pump was running. I check the little screen at the end of the faucet and it was plugged up with so much debris that now water could come out. I unscrewed it and cleaned it, then it worked perfectly.
4) Are you positive that you filled the fresh water tank? Does the indicator read full? One time I thought I was filling the fresh water tank and I was just hooking up water to the city water inlet, lol

Hope these help.
2016 Starcraft 26 BHS Launch Ultra Lite - Gary from Boise, Idaho

Seastlake

Water pump issue

Post by Seastlake » June 5th, 2017, 1:41 am

Hi,

I just purchased a 2014 AR-One 15RB last weekend and I'm trying to figure everything out since I'm a first time camper owner. I'm having an issue getting water to run(sink, toilet, shower). I'm sure I'm doing something wrong, but I just can't figure out what. I filled the clean water tank and turned on the water pump, but still no flow. Any ideas?