Are there step-by-step winterization guides for 16BH?

Discuss entry level campers offer a host of amenities at a low cost and are easily towed.
moallen

Re: Are there step-by-step winterization guides for 16BH?

Post by moallen » October 6th, 2017, 11:50 am

Someone on this forum might have put together a detailed winterization checklist for your model, but it really comes down to the minimum things to do and then all the extra things some like to do when storing their trailer over the winter in cold climates.

In my mind, the minimum things are getting all the water out of the tanks and lines and removing the battery. Everyone seems to have a favorite way of dealing with the water lines. I've known people who do nothing more than open the valve at the bottom of the fresh water tank and open the low point water line valves (after leaving all the faucets open). That seems risky to me. Depending on how the water lines were run at the factory, there may be droops in the lines that will hold water, and then how level was the trailer when the low point valves were opened.

To overcome those things, others attach an air compressor (set to 30lbs) to the city water connection and force all the water out of the lines.

Others, like me, take a third step and fill the lines with rv antifreeze. I live in New Hampshire. haha.

I always store my battery inside and charge it up once a month.

I won't go into all the extra things a person could do, but my wife and I like to wipe down all the surfaces inside with a strong cleaner. It seems to help keeping the critters from thinking there is a warm deli inside.
2016 Starcraft Launch Ultra Lite 24RLS
2016 Dodge Ram 4x4, 5.7L V8, 8 speed auto, 3.21 axle ratio

bryanrmills

Are there step-by-step winterization guides for 16BH?

Post by bryanrmills » October 3rd, 2017, 1:45 pm

I have the manual, but photos or videos would be incredibly helpful as this would be my first attempt. Anything you all could point me to would likely be better than the info I have. Thank you in advance!